Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Louie is ill

Post Thanks / Like

Hope Louie is on the mend soon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Louie is ill

Hi all and thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and words. Louie is now home from hospital and hopefully on the mend. Louie is now on special food and will be for the rest of his life and also on a course of antibiotics. Our vet seems to think it just came on for no apparent reason as he is not overweight and very rarely gets extra food treats. He is due back to the vet for a check-up next Monday. Will keep you posted. Thanks again.

PS How do I post photos
    Sam & Louie's mam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Louie is ill

Hi Joanna
    Louie 's symptoms started very quickly. When we got up on Saturday morning he had been sick during the night all over the kitchen. He wouldn't eat anything and continued to be sick. When we took him to the vet he had swollen glands, a sore tummy and she performed a blood test.
    Sam & Louie's mam

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that Louis is doing better! It's so scary and stressful when your little buddy is ill.
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Vanessa, I appreciate your information. I sure hope Louie will be okay and the medication will manage this. Does this mean he's got chronic pancreatitis or is it not being able to tolerate things in his diet that most other dogs could? Carrots is a vegetable loaded with minerals and viitamins and something fun to chew on at the same time, but I was surprised when in a recent conversation with Tucker's breeder she cautioned me on giving him too many carrots, saying something to do with their high sugar content having potential effect on his gall bladder. Sometimes it seems the more you know the less you know!

I wish you and Louie all the best. Someone other than myself will be able to help with posting a picture of your angel. I had a helper to post mine.

(((((hugs))))))) from me and *slurps* from Tucker
    Joanne
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear that Louis is better, and can only imagine how stressful the illness must have been for you.

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear Louie is feeling better

Post Thanks / Like

Default Louie is ill

Hi all just have a quick update on Louie. We visited our vet on Monday and Louie is on the mend, he is much happier and loves his new food, but misses his treats (he can't have any at the moment). He is backing playing with his big brother Sam and up to mischief. He is going back in 3 weeks time to have another blood test and hopefully he will be clear of Pancreatitis. I will keep you all posted and thanks againg for all your kind words from us all especially Louie & Sam
    Sam & Louie's mam

Post Thanks / Like

Great news!

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear that Louie is on the mend It's no fun for a little guy to be throwing up like that - their tummy gets all tender and sore I hope it wont be too long before he can have treats again.

Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....