• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

2 sick doggies :(

-leah-

Hi all, my little angels are sick :( heres the situation:

Holly has had diarrhea since friday, and it has been constant all weekend yesterday bailey followed suit... his bum was very sore so we put sudocream on him and a pair of trunks 2 stop him licking himself!

I rang the vet last night and she came in at 8 o'clock this morning, both dogs had high temps and bacterial infections, both on antibiotics and fasting for today, i was advised to feed them id for the next few days. we got cream for baileys bum and a sachet to put in their water 2 rehydrte them.

Brought them home and holly vommited all over the house i called the vet and she is now admitted and may have 2 be put on fluids :(:(:( meanwhile, im at home with bailey who still had diarrhea and is wearing a buster collar to keep him from licking his bum. Hes fast asleep on my bed at the mo... im going 2 ring the vet at 4 to get on update on hol.

keep them in your thoughts,

I'm so sorry to hear about Holly and Bailey. I hope that they are better soon. I also have two dogs, one cavalier and one newfie so I know what you mean. You have to be very diligent. Hopefully Holly will be home shortly. :flwr:

Your poor babies!! :shock:

I hope they're better soon....the antibiotics should help within a day or so. :flwr: :flwr:

Give them both cuddles from me... did they eat something in the garden maybe to give them both upset stomachs?

we don't think its something they ate... they were in kennels last weekend so its more then likely that they picked it up from another dog...

Oh no - have you informed the kennels also, just incase they can clean everything????

the vet that i go to is the same vet the kennel owner goes to so im sure she will mention it to him...

Hang in there you two, get better soon. King had picked up a stomach bug a couple months ago from either the dog park or somewhere else...He was better in a couple days on the antibiotics

I'm so sorry to hear about Holly and Bailey. My thoughts are with you all. I know how distressing it is, and messy to pick up after dogs that are vomiting and have loose stools all around the house. Most distressing of all is the worry over your little angels. I'm sure the vet will fix them up right quick. Tucker spent the day at the hospital once to receive fluids, I was able to bring him home at night. By the next day he was feeling much better and the day after, back to his old self.

so sorry to hear that both are sick, hope they get better soon, good on u able to manage to sick doggies i cannot manage one!

Leah - sorry to hear the kids aren't feeling well. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. Keep us posted. I know it's so hard when they are sick.

Im just after ringing the vet, they are defo keeping holly in overnight for obs... so im going to take another day off school tomorrow so im there for them. Bailey is so lifeless :( thanks for all of your replys :flwr:

I'm so sorry hon!!! Two sick babies at once has to be a nightmare :( You must be worried sick!! At least you can be with them during the day tommorrow. They will need all the snuggles you can give!! My thoughts are with you all!

How hard to have 2 so sick at the same time. It must be so emotionally draining. Good call to take the day off, yes to be there, but also to give yourself a break. Hoping for a speeding recovery both both.

that's really scary for them to be so sick. you have gotten them good speedy care and are doing all you can do. i hope you get good news soon and will see improvement.

oh im so sorry that both are sick! it must be hard and stressing for you! my thoughts are with them . hope they make a speedy recovery! :flwr:

Back