• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Separated at birth!!

*Pauline*

Dottie and Dylan, separated at birth!!!
363952123_acfc94ec9b_m.jpg
363956256_2387d43643_m.jpg

My kitchen floor isn't dirty BTW!!!! I think the door mat stained the lino :oops:

*Pauline* said:
My kitchen floor isn't dirty BTW!!!! I think the door mat stained the lino :oops:

My floor did that a builder told me its caused from when the floor is layed incorrectly (something about dry time, glue) it discolours in time.

My floor isn't glued or anything, it isn't tiles, just lino, the type you get on a roll :yuk: . It's weird, there's a couple of areas like that. I want a ceramic tiled floor ;)

We have some spots like that on a vinyl floor. We were told that is was where old tile was removed and the old adhesive was not completely removed and it bled through. We were also told if new vinyl was put down, just leave the old in place and it won't bleed through the new stuff.

There's nothing under mine but concrete. Well we had something called a self leveling screed which is very runny cement which self levels. It was rubbish though. I must (and I know I do) spend so long at the kitchen sink, the screed has crumbled in that spot :roll: Lots of things are rubbish in my house but what can you do when you rent from your Dad! I actually dont have a proper kitchen, I only have doors on 2 wall cupboards and just work tops and shelves under. There's a big drama if I complain about anything. The lino was bad quality, if I drop a cup or move the freezer, it wrips :? Sigh...it doesn't feel any better getting that off my chest! :sl*p:

OH MY GOSH! I was so surprised to see my Dottie girl there with adorable Dylan!!! :D They DO look like they could be brother and sister! Awwww, how cute! They even have similar looking floors! Tee hee! Hey, I have some of those same yellowed places in both of my bathrooms. It is from putting rubber-backed mats down. It happens every time, so why do I keep buying them! :sl*p:

Thanks for posting our babies together! How sweet! :flwr:

*Pauline* said:
My floor isn't glued or anything, it isn't tiles, just lino, the type you get on a roll :yuk: . It's weird, there's a couple of areas like that. I want a ceramic tiled floor ;)
My is just like yours - they roll it out and use a glue to put it down (well maybe glue is not the correct term - but adhesive). I dream of ceramic floors too one day!! so easier to clean.

Dottie said:
I have some of those same yellowed places in both of my bathrooms. It is from putting rubber-backed mats down. It happens every time, so why do I keep buying them! :sl*p:quote]

Oh, you've worked it out!! I did use rubber backed mats in both places. So that's what it was. :roll:

Back