• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

home-made healthy (and fun) dog biscuits that Henry loves!

mt0382

I found a recipe on GourmetSleuth.com, tried it out.. pretty easy to make. It makes a BUNCH of biscuits, so i usually make a batch for Henry's best buddies around my apartment complex. They are great bc they are crispy on the outside, but chewy on the inside. I enjoy making them as well, and trying to make all types of shapes. Let me know if they are two paws up for you dog as well!

I N G R E D I E N T S
1 cup uncooked oatmeal
1 1/2 cup hot water or meat juices
4 oz (1 cup) grated cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/4 tablespoon salt
1 cups cornmeal
3 cups whole wheat flour

I N S T R U C T I O N S
Preheat oven to 300 F.

In large bowl pour hot water over oatmeal and margerine: let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in powdered milk, grated cheese, salt and egg. Add cornmeal and wheat germ. Mix well. Add flour, 1/3 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.

Knead 3 or 4 minutes, adding more flour if necessary to make a very stiff dough. Pat or roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness.

Cut into bone-shaped biscuits and place on a greased baking sheet.

Bake for 1 hour at 300 degrees. Turn off heat and leave in oven for 1 1/2 hours or longer.

Makes approximately 2 1/4 pounds.

Store in an airtight container

Back