Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Destroying toys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Destroying toys

Hi everyone.
    Fern is destroying her toys in double quick time. Rope toys, she undoes the knots, pulls off the ball, sausage or whatever else is on it, then tries to eat the loose string. She will play with balls, and so far she hasn't destroyed one, but her enjoyment is short lived. Basically if she can't destroy it, she loses interest. Squeakers have thier extremeties bitten off too!

She has a ball which I put a few treats in, but there is a limit to how many treats she can have.

Fern was a year old on the 19th January.

Any ideas?
    Ferns Mum

Post Thanks / Like

I have cavaliers that will gently carry toys around like they are babies-- never harming them at all-- I have one called Dominique-- aka Dominator-- she will take a toy meant for a lab and destroy it within hours. Domi is 14 pounds of pure ripping terror for toys.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess they have to be vicious sometime to something....wise choice! ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Cody is the same way and I have completely given up on giving him stuffed toys. He has shredding down to an art and can rp the head of one of those things in 3 minutes flat. I had to take EVERYTHING away from him because he began to eat the string, stuffing and fabric

www.helpingudders.com has some of the only toys that keep him occupied and also safe. the tug-a jug, the Bouncy bone and treat stick are fabulous.
    Nylabones have some great products out right now that keep him busy too. This one is shaped line Corn on the Cob and my boys LOVE them.
    http://www.amazon.com/Nylabone-Barb-...&s=home-garden
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

My parent's have this problem with Nacho - he will de-fluff a toy in record time and attempt to swallow the fluff even faster. So, he has been limited to Nylabones in various shape, sizes, flavors and flexibility.
    Kendra
    Mommy to Cupcake and Nila & Auntie to Nacho

Post Thanks / Like

I don't give Tucker those rope toys anymore for the same reason. He unknots them, shreds them and chews on the strands. I've had greater success cutting up an old cotton t-shirt into strips, placing several knots along the strip, another favorite tug of war toy is a cotton bathrobe belt I never used, knotted it up and he's been playing with it for months.
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was going to suggest helping udders too. You can designate a portion of your purchase to Lucky Star as well. The firehose toys amongst others are really tough.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

We have just one toy our dogs have not been able to de-stuff or completely destroy. Its a section of firehose about 6" or 8" long filled with something and sewn shut at the ends. We have had it for at least a couple years and it's just very slightly frazzled at one end. The thing is, though, the dogs don't really play with it that much. I guess if they can't destroy it, it's no fun.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

crimperess....I would suggest you throw away all rope toys. String can be seriously harmful if ingested. Try giving your pup nylabones and latex or vinyl toys. I buy the .99 cent latex toys at Walmart, and Kingston has yet to destroy one. However, he chewed through the firehose toy in one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Tucker hasn't chewed through the dollar toys from walmart either. Do you have the dinosaurs? (kingstonsmom)
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005