• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sam had a bath

estertje

Sam had a bath yesterday, he looks so fluffy now!!!! (will post some pics later on, also from his B-day, but have to study a lot so I don't have much time to spend on the pc :roll: ) I'm just a little concerned: He has some (I don't now what it is called) like snow, white pellicules, in his hair, (you know like people sometimes do) He has it every time He has a bath. What can cause this? Is this normal? Or an allergie?

Every three months, or when he is very stinky or dirty, it's been a while since the last bath, I think november.

Make sure you rinse all the shampoo out carefully, first off, as remaining shampoo might flake off or cause dry skin. Then check if his skin looks flaky and dry -- or have a vet look next time you are in for a checkup. Is he itchy? There are a type of mite which is quite large and looks like skin flakes -- and also causes the skin to flake. It could just be that you are lifting out dead skin flakes when he has a bath and some stay in the hair when you dry him. If he isn't itchy it probably isn't a problem to worry abput.

He's not itchy at all! and it's only each time after a bath. How do you see when all the shampoo is out? I really rince it firmly every time, especially after I saw it the first time he had it, but it's the same ervey time :shock:

It could be dry skin. We had to add fish oil to Chocolate's food every day for months when she had dry skin flakes like dandruff. The flakes are gone now! :)

Back