• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pet Store Cav

Wow :shock: What did I start here? But, on a serious note, I learned a lot from this thread. Thanks!!

MathisGreen said:
Just an interesting tid-bit...

The AKC was actually at one point going to "team-up" with Petland (a puppy store who gets their puppies from millers and brokers). There was a mass amount of emails and letters into the AKC about how outraged its members and others were. They eventually pulled out of the deal.

I cringe every time I am at a pet store and they say a dog is AKC... most commonly now though they are "bragging" up the Continential Kennel Club (CKC) who in my opinion is hiding behind the Canadian Kennel Clubs letters to try and look good... just take a look at the Contiential website and I think you will be less than impressed at what it takes to get a dog registered... just money... blech!

All being AKC registered means is that both sire and dam were AKC registered. That being said-- The AKC has the right to go to any breeders home (or institution) for inspection. They can inspect the premises, dogs- and they inspect records. You can lose your AKC registration ability if you don't follow their protocols. This is one reason millers may decide to go to another registry.

MathisGreen said:
Oops... I meant Petland... I have tons on my mind this morning... The AKC was going to pair up with Petland.

Thanks for the clarification.

WoodHaven said:
Peta and animal right groups don't want people to own (or eat) animals. They are willing to go to fanatic lengths to force us to stop. BUT -- they euthanize over 80% of the animals put in their "loving" care. They are also behind all the new legislation to make getting pets more difficult.
The comic book they hand to young children has a picture of a woman with a huge, bloody knife-- positioned over a frantic rabbit. Caption reads"YOUR mom kills animals". They hand these out to young kids.

My main question would be... then why do most of the PETA pushing celebs have dogs or cats or such if they are against having animals as pets??

It should be made illegal to sell dogs and cats in pet shops like in the UK. I was horrified when I saw them on holiday over there.

I hate pet stores! I went in one the other day and there was a little boy cav that looked just like Gus as a puppy... he had just woken up and his little ears were flapped back and his big brown eyes just said "i need some love"... i literally left in tears. I hope he gets a great home!

Most of the Petland store in my area don't even bother trying to hide behind the CKC (continental...) They are all registered with either ACA (which ANYONE can register ANY dog, mutt, pure bred etc) or APRI (American Pet Registry Inc..again completely meaningless.) Most people are uneducated if they are buying a puppy from a Petstore anyhow, so all they see is that the dog has "papers".

Back