Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some help convincing...UPDATE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some help convincing...UPDATE!!!!

Ok. I have been working my hubby from just about every angle to let me buy a new Cavie pup (female, black and tan?? YES PLEASE!!). I need some suggestions as to how to help me convince him to either a.) buy one for me or b.) permit me to buy one on my own. He LOVES our boys with all of his heart and it is so precious to watch them all snuggle together. I keep throwing out when he looks especially starry eyed "wouldn't it be nice for Cody to have a baby sister?"

I have several breeders that I have been investigating whole heartedly or I would love to take in a rescue.

I will say that arasara and Mic's pics of Faith had no influence on this decision ....YEAH RIGHT!! I managed to repress my feelings of desire for a new little one for a while....but I just can't take it anymore!!

Help me, Help me!!!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

My strategy.....ask for forgiveness rather than permission

This may not work on all men, but it did on the men in my life that said "We don't need another dog".

Good luck!
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

You mean I'm not the only one who has heard "we don't need another dog"?!?!

I already had three (one cav and two other breeds) when I had the hankering for another Cavalier. My husband was adamant; we were NOT spending that kind of money on another dog.

I began researching in earnest about rescue, because I truly wanted another, but at the same time I could respect my husband's wish to not lay out another 2k. When I talked with him about rescue he absolutely did not want to take on the many issues that can come home along with the dog.

He loves our dogs, but he is not a Dog Lover like I am.... he is not interested in the training and care and work that dogs involve. He likes to be the one who lays on the floor and plays with them, and then tells me when it's time to take care of them. I accept this! LOL

So, Clancy found his way into our home..... 2k later!
    ~not knowing how near the truth is,
    we seek it far away~

Post Thanks / Like

Why not buy it for him for his birthday? Or Groundhog Day? No husband in his right mind is going to say "I don't want what you got me" to his wife!
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

I think I actually did it!! Let's just say it took a lot of "feminine wisdom" and "working from every angle" (I will spare you the details) but HE SAID YES!!!!!! God men are great!!!! They are so....lets just say...uncomplicated!!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I am soooooo getting a new puppy!!!!!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The advantage of being resolutely single and having my own house: I can have all the cavaliers, cats and fishtanks I want.

On the other hand look at STE, he and his OH seem to spend their time convincing each other either to add another cat/dog or persuading against another... They have far more cats than me as a result but fewer dogs...

Incdentally in a recent breeder discussion on one of the lists several admitted all the women breeders would ALL have more dogs if their husbands didn't restrain them. Bruce must be dangerous with two of you rooting for just one more...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Moniechris. Can't wait to hear what cavalier you select.

Karlin - I concur, it sure is easier being single. I have been single since 1993 and it has it's really good side. The only person you need to consult on a decision is yourself.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like

Charleen and Karlin, That is one good thing about being single, you don't have to consult anyone else about bringing another puppy (dog) into your home. You just have to convince youself you can do all the hard work on your own. It can be done!!! And of course in the end it's worth it.
    Sharon, proud Mom of Scout (tri) and Breeze (Newfie)

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's the thing really, isn't it? Yes, you can please yourself, but more than two dogs could be a lot of work for one person on a permanent basis especially if you have wildly differing breeds.

Personally, I'm trying to get the 'I want a cat' theme song out of my head. Years ago I told my mum my ideal was two dogs and a cat. Or was it two cats and a dog...? Can't remember. I now have the dogs and will try fostering cats as a way of sounding out whether a permanent feline is a good idea. Especially since I'm convinced Amber will chase it..
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!!!

Cant wait to see the new edition

I hope to be able to convince my husband to get me another baby one day in the future too
    Jasmine, mommy to Ellie (tri girl), Griffin, Hunter, & Dexter (kitties)

Ellie is here!!!!

http://elliethecavalier.blogspot.com/