• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need some help convincing...UPDATE!!!!

moniechris

Ok. I have been working my hubby from just about every angle to let me buy a new Cavie pup (female, black and tan?? YES PLEASE!!). I need some suggestions as to how to help me convince him to either a.) buy one for me or b.) permit me to buy one on my own. He LOVES our boys with all of his heart and it is so precious to watch them all snuggle together. I keep throwing out when he looks especially starry eyed "wouldn't it be nice for Cody to have a baby sister?" *ng*l

I have several breeders that I have been investigating whole heartedly or I would love to take in a rescue.

I will say that arasara and Mic's pics of Faith had no influence on this decision icon_whistling ....YEAH RIGHT!! I managed to repress my feelings of desire for a new little one for a while....but I just can't take it anymore!!

Help me, Help me!!! :D

My strategy.....ask for forgiveness rather than permission ;)

This may not work on all men, but it did on the men in my life that said "We don't need another dog".

Good luck! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

You mean I'm not the only one who has heard "we don't need another dog"?!?! ;)

I already had three (one cav and two other breeds) when I had the hankering for another Cavalier. My husband was adamant; we were NOT spending that kind of money on another dog.

I began researching in earnest about rescue, because I truly wanted another, but at the same time I could respect my husband's wish to not lay out another 2k. When I talked with him about rescue he absolutely did not want to take on the many issues that can come home along with the dog.

He loves our dogs, but he is not a Dog Lover like I am.... he is not interested in the training and care and work that dogs involve. He likes to be the one who lays on the floor and plays with them, and then tells me when it's time to take care of them. :roll: I accept this! LOL

So, Clancy found his way into our home..... 2k later! icon_whistling

Why not buy it for him for his birthday? Or Groundhog Day? No husband in his right mind is going to say "I don't want what you got me" to his wife!

:updte: I think I actually did it!! Let's just say it took a lot of "feminine wisdom" and "working from every angle" (I will spare you the details) icon_whistling but HE SAID YES!!!!!! God men are great!!!! They are so....lets just say...uncomplicated!!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :w**h**: :mexwav: :jmp2:

I am soooooo getting a new puppy!!!!! :D :D :D

:lol:

The advantage of being resolutely single and having my own house: I can have all the cavaliers, cats and fishtanks I want. :)

On the other hand look at STE, he and his OH seem to spend their time convincing each other either to add another cat/dog or persuading against another... :rotfl: They have far more cats than me as a result but fewer dogs... icon_whistling

Incdentally in a recent breeder discussion on one of the lists several admitted all the women breeders would ALL have more dogs if their husbands didn't restrain them. Bruce must be dangerous with two of you rooting for just one more... :lol:

Congratulations Moniechris. Can't wait to hear what cavalier you select.

Karlin - I concur, it sure is easier being single. I have been single since 1993 and it has it's really good side. The only person you need to consult on a decision is yourself. :lol:

Charleen and Karlin, That is one good thing about being single, you don't have to consult anyone else about bringing another puppy (dog) into your home. You just have to convince youself you can do all the hard work on your own. It can be done!!! And of course in the end it's worth it. :shock:

Well that's the thing really, isn't it? Yes, you can please yourself, but more than two dogs could be a lot of work for one person on a permanent basis especially if you have wildly differing breeds.

Personally, I'm trying to get the 'I want a cat' theme song out of my head. Years ago I told my mum my ideal was two dogs and a cat. Or was it two cats and a dog...? Can't remember. I now have the dogs and will try fostering cats as a way of sounding out whether a permanent feline is a good idea. Especially since I'm convinced Amber will chase it..

Congrats!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:

Cant wait to see the new edition

I hope to be able to convince my husband to get me another baby one day in the future too icon_whistling

To be perfectly honest, I don't think I'd have this many dogs if my parents were still alive, my family thinks I'm nuts as it is but Jewish mother crticism and guilt is very powerful.

There are a lot of plus sides to being single, I would agree. But my hubby is my absolute soulmate, as well as my best friend. He levels me out in so many ways and is really good about helping me see both sides of my crazy anticks. (Not to mention the fact that he pays just as much of the vet bills as I do....actually probably more because he makes DOUBLE what I do!!! icon_whistling )

Believe me, If I were single I would have 4 cavaliers and three german shepherds, but I would probably be living in the streets because I would spend all my money on Dog food, puppias and toys!!! :roll:

My DH always says I would live in the coziest cardboard box under the bridge with my favorite blankets and all my cavs!

:w**h**: :w**h**: :w**h**: :w**h**:

I can't believe he said YES!

I hate to break it to you but Faith is already claimed! :lol:

I am so excited for you - let me know ALL of the details !!!

My OH seems to be one of the "exceptions" to the rules I think, LOL.

I said "Avi can I get another puppy?"

He replied "If you can take care of her then do what you want."

LOL :jmp2: :jmp2:

YAYYY!! I think my favorite part about this is that I get to finally buy PINK STUFF!!!!!! :lotsaluv:

Now time for a name....

I am thinking of either Mina (like the Bram Stoker's Dracula character) or Fergie. icon_nwunsure I really like the idea of her registered name with the AKC being Fergalicious :lol:

Congratulations! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

So, there are no pink puppias left now, eh?? :lol: :lol:

Congratulations Monica!!! :D Lucky girl!!! I know what you mean about getting pink stuff......I have 3 sons, no daughters except my beautiful furry girls :D so I take great pains to get lovely girlie stuff for them. Pretty pink and crystal collars etc. Best of luck with your puppy hunting and name choosing. :)
Julie and the girls

moniechris said:
:updte: I think I actually did it!! Let's just say it took a lot of "feminine wisdom" and "working from every angle" (I will spare you the details) icon_whistling but HE SAID YES!!!!!! God men are great!!!! They are so....lets just say...uncomplicated!!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :w**h**: :mexwav: :jmp2:

I am soooooo getting a new puppy!!!!! :D :D :D

That was some quick convincing! ;) You are so funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is so great! :jmp: I was so happy to read this news. Lucky you! :rah:
And girls are so much fun!!! I've been having so much fun buying everything pink for Coco, even her toys and recently a soft crate! It helps that that's my favorite color too.

I remember someone mention that there were very few breeders in Florida with black and tans and ruby cavs- was that you? It sounds like you've found some puppies though. So exciting! Congratulations! Keep us updated. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Back