• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

sleeping a lot ??

emmawright

hello

my little daisy seems to sleep A LOT! is this normal? i mean she sleeps really well at night time, we put her to bed at about 9.30-10.00pm and wake her at about 8.00am, and then most of the time during the day she sleeps too, literally all day. and sometimes she isnt too bothered about going out for a walk either. is this normal cav behaviour or is it to do with curly coat/dry eye which daisy has?

thanks, emma.

How old is Daisy??

My Cav (Raffa 8 months ) did sleep alot at first........ he normally goes to bed at 11pm and wakes us all up at 6am barking to go and do his business outside, he still sleeps most of the day. He comes to life around 4pm and then collapses on the sofa around 9pm. Cavs are lazy they would just sit on your lap all day and sleep if you let them.

quinnk said:
How old is Daisy??

My Cav (Raffa 8 months ) did sleep alot at first........ he normally goes to bed at 11pm and wakes us all up at 6am barking to go and do his business outside, he still sleeps most of the day. He comes to life around 4pm and then collapses on the sofa around 9pm. Cavs are lazy they would just sit on your lap all day and sleep if you let them.
:sl*p:

freddie is 4 months and sleeps alot anything i sit down to watch telly he will sleep the whole time! my ma has him during the day and he sleeps alot at that time as well!!

I think cav's are lazy dogs so it could be normal! :)

maybe it is normal cav behaviour then! daisy is 6 and a half months now, and as i type this she is ..... fast asleep!

lady sleeps from 10pm till 6.30am when we wake up then she sleeps for a few hours in between meals has a mad 30 mins to a hour then goes back to sleep but she's only 16 weeks so i think that normal or normal for her as ahe's always done it.

Why not send a PM to Alison Leighfield? She had dog with curly coat/dry eye and knows all the things to watch for. I know some others here also know a lot about it.

Gus is a sleeper too! My parents thought a dog would be a great alarm clock for me, but not Gus, he sleeps till I get up! And the days I have to go to work early, he stays in bed till I am done getting ready then I have to wake him to take him out. The only time his sleeping a lot worried me was when my roommate got a new puppy and Gus seemed depressed but after about a week he was back to normal.

Back