• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Does this mean she is sick?

Harley & Carley

Once yesterday and twice this morning, Harley has had what I think are like "dry heaves" - she acts like she is going to throw up, but she doesnt expel anything (sorry about the grossness!!) then goes back to playing or sleeping, whatever she was doing.
She ate well yesterday and just OK this morning, but is acting fine and peeing/pooping fine, playing and all other normal puppy behaviors.
Should I take her to the vet?

If she was my dog, would keep a close eye on her. She may have eaten something. As long as she doesn't have a fever and still is eating, drinking, defecating and active- I'd would wait just a bit.
I always feel a little silly walking in with a bouncy, healthy looking puppy and trying to explain my fears for the dog--lol BUT I've done that too. sandy

ps-- I have had a dog throw up a hairball -- just like a cat. Scared me to pieces.

Are you sure she's not doing a reverse sneeze? The first times I saw Holly do it I thought it was dry heaves but it wasn't. It was reverse sneezing and I now know how to stop it.

Then again, she could have eaten grass..

Back