• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Teeth Cleaning?

CVFlagg

It has come time for my 3 year old to get his teeth cleaned. Despite my own attempts to keep them clean it needs to be professionally done since there is some plaque and it can lead to other problems.

This is my first time with teeth cleaning, any advice on preperations/when he comes home? I am not sure how painful it is for them but I know I HATE getting my teeth cleaned so I am assuming they might feel the same way! Thanks for any advice.

Jake had his teeth cleaned last year and Shelby has an appoinment next month. Jake was totally fine after it was done. He was a little groggy but fine within an hour or so of being home. The good news....no decay or rot. Hoping Shelby gets the same good news. We had a doggy dentist speak at our club a while back and he had some horrific pictures. Dog whose teeth looked great but under the gum line...total rot. Scared me good. Now I will alternate every February (Pet Dental Month) getting one's teeth cleaned.

Yes, that is why I am doing it next month. My vet is offering a 25% discount for February to try and encourage people to get it done to avoid the rot you speak of. Good to know. Thanks!

Back