Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody heard of "carbohydrate loading?"

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think honey is on the YES list....they'll throw it out if there's any question.

Faith probably won't need anything, you'll be with her anyway.

We were in Montana when they came down with the "no water" rule!!

That was awful flying with only 4 oz per passenger!!

We connected in Denver and had no time for even a drink of pop!

I could have drank everyones' drink when they came around...

When we flew to Phoenix, they had relaxed the rules a bit, thank heavens!!

How long is your flight??

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, not a screener. I work at corporate headquarters for an airline...which means I fly a lot! And I definitely agree that things are way to complicated now and that they can be quite rude! What's especially troublesome is that sometimes they don't know the latest rules but will fight you until you can produce the latest regulation from the website or whatever. Seriously, print the info from the website to take with you!

The regs have been changed to allow any liquids or gels as long as their in approved containers. So, a small container of honey would be fine.

Were you able to find a direct flight or will you be connecting somewhere?
    Lindsay, Andy and Gracie (our 11 month old Blenheim bundle of joy!)

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately the little rock airport is so incredibly small that there are only few airports that fly directly into it. I have to connect and i chose memphis TN because it wasn't too far out of the way and it breaks up the flight a lot. The flight back with time changes will be 4 "real" hours. The connection is 1 1/2 horus so really 2 1/2 hours we'll be in the air if things go well.

I'm hoping to convince faith to pee in the bathroom on a pee pad in between flights or something. I haven't decided yet. I hope that if she has an accident the flight attendants will be kind enough to let me take her in the bathroom and clean her up - If she poops i feel sorry for the passengers sitting next to me..

Oh well all will be fine.

I will be printing everything I feel is relevant especially since I'll have a puppy and who knows how strict they can be.. I tell you what I'm not leaving that place without her!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sara, wow it is so exciting but you don't realise all the complications that can arise. We have used Nutrapet many times with our crew when they haven't been well and have lost their appetite. They love it and it sort of smells like caramel. We just buy it at Petbarn and it is not as runnny as honey and therefore would not be as messy. Would you be able to get a letter from your vet stating Faith's requirement for it during the flight?
    Best of luck with everything
    Julie and the girls