• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Avatar

CosmoKC

Well, I finally updated my avatar from the puppy pic. Cosmo is now 8.5 months old and is big at ~20 lbs. Although he is 20 lbs, he is not fat. Should I expect him to grow anymore?

He is a beautiful boy. My Vet said they will grow until about 10 to 11 mos. How much did Cosmo weigh at 5 mos. if your remember? Lily is 5 mos and weighs about 13.7 lbs. I was just wondering how big she may get.

Oh thanks so much Dottie...She's my sweet big girl. Can't say little girl anymore, she's growing so fast. :) Where in TN do you live? I have relatives in TN. Don't all Southerners have relatives some where in the South :lol:

Shay said:
He is a beautiful boy. My Vet said they will grow until about 10 to 11 mos. How much did Cosmo weigh at 5 mos. if your remember? Lily is 5 mos and weighs about 13.7 lbs. I was just wondering how big she may get.

I don't remember specifically, but I think that it was about the the same as Lily.

Harvey is now 15 months and has just about stopped growing at 33lbs and the vet says he is in perfect proportion just a very large cav. Looks more like a cocker or springer to me when he is racing across the fields.
Poor old Alfie has struggled to reach 11 pounds at 7 1/2 months.
368972145_705b6ca131.jpg

368978400_a083bfe72b.jpg

368976217_8629516ec6.jpg

Yvonne....What beautiful dogs. It's amazing how these dogs can all be so different in size. What causes this, do you know? I don't know of any other breed that varies in size as much as Cav's. I always thought that the parents size determined the size of the offspring, but I have since read that is not the Case.

I asked the vet and she said cavaliers are the most varied breed she knows what with the four colours and all the different sizes. I am sure with Harvey back somewhere there is a bit of springer although when we where over the park a few weeks ago there was a tri cavalier and he was slightly bigger than him. When we chose him he looked the same as the rest of the litter.
369023190_f6202d01ee.jpg

369023193_e86127e2da.jpg

369023196_a83cfd0e52.jpg

Back