Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darla is the Devil

Post Thanks / Like

Default Darla is the Devil

Okay, so every few nights, all of the sudden, Darla will get so wound up that it isn't even funny. She starts growling (playfully) at Charlie and running around him like a crazy person. We've started calling her Linda Blair b/c we are waiting for her head to spin like the exorcist. It is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It comes out of no where. She is CRAZY! She will just be relaxing, and then all of the sudden, watch out Charlie... This goes on for about five minutes or so and then she's back to being normal....

Post Thanks / Like

Does this happen around 9 in the evening? I call that time the "Devil Hour" because all four of mine get goofy and wild and silly around then.

It's fun to watch!

When Ozzy was around nine mos old he used to get the zoomies at 9 just terrible! He also incorporated pulling my sons' shorts down to their ankles when he would go zooming by... it was quite funny!
    ~not knowing how near the truth is,
    we seek it far away~

Post Thanks / Like

It just happened about an hour ago... yes about 9.... She gets wacky... Now she is sleeping... It's hard being a hellraiser for a few moments... Maybe it's a ruby thing... lol

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! You'll have to notice if the 9pm trend holds true... so funny if it does!
    ~not knowing how near the truth is,
    we seek it far away~

Post Thanks / Like

Is it all the time or only when there is a full moon??? (Full moons account for all kinds of things - more seizures, babies being born, people in mental hospitals getting worse).

The full moon stuff is true to the best of my knowledge, but I'm just teasing you and your dog about that. My ruby does some crazy things but not that!
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

Jake does that! All of a sudden...out of nowhere...he'll start chasing Shelby and running around like a madman. I get such a kick out of it!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Mine do it right when we come upstairs to go to bed...for about 5-10 minutes and then down for the night. It's like they are running out their last bits of energy!
    Ashley - Mom to Duncan (4 years/blenheim) and Arthur (3 years/ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Our Casey does this only he gets the 11th hour zoomies. He has this incredible burst of wacky energy and I know he will be dead asleep in about 15 minutes. I think he is overtired when it happens. Reminds me of my grandson who used to twirl and spin crazily and run when he was tired. You almost had to tackle him, hold him down and he passed out asleep! Murphy on the other hand has a licking frenzy for about 5 minutes with anything in reach...other dogs, us, the bed frame...and zonks out for the night.
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

Molly, your post does remind me of something that Tibby does. She can sit in the chair with Bubba for hours and not move a muscle. As soon as they go to bed she starts scratching herself like crazy! He sometimes has to put her off the bed because he can't stand it for such a long period of time.

She does have allergies and I can't deny a flea or two, but she goes through that routine every night.
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

Tucker does that too, often he gets his "ya-yas" (stealing that from someone on this board, due to a menopause moment I cannot recall who) out, by sprinting up and down the hall in my house into the living room and back down the hall again at top speeds. I live in a little ranch. I'm often afraid he'll crash right into the fireplace. At the end of the hall he does a purposeful slide on the hardwood floor to stop himself, then comes back down again, this only lasts a matter of 3 to 5 mins.

to ozzy pulling down the boys shorts as he passes, that's hilarious. Barb that must be a fun house!
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005