• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Darla is the Devil

StacyC

Okay, so every few nights, all of the sudden, Darla will get so wound up that it isn't even funny. She starts growling (playfully) at Charlie and running around him like a crazy person. We've started calling her Linda Blair b/c we are waiting for her head to spin like the exorcist. It is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It comes out of no where. She is CRAZY! She will just be relaxing, and then all of the sudden, watch out Charlie... This goes on for about five minutes or so and then she's back to being normal....

Does this happen around 9 in the evening? I call that time the "Devil Hour" because all four of mine get goofy and wild and silly around then.

It's fun to watch!

When Ozzy was around nine mos old he used to get the zoomies at 9 just terrible! He also incorporated pulling my sons' shorts down to their ankles when he would go zooming by... it was quite funny!

It just happened about an hour ago... yes about 9.... She gets wacky... Now she is sleeping... It's hard being a hellraiser for a few moments... Maybe it's a ruby thing... lol

Is it all the time or only when there is a full moon??? (Full moons account for all kinds of things - more seizures, babies being born, people in mental hospitals getting worse).

The full moon stuff is true to the best of my knowledge, but I'm just teasing you and your dog about that. My ruby does some crazy things but not that!

Jake does that! All of a sudden...out of nowhere...he'll start chasing Shelby and running around like a madman. I get such a kick out of it!

Mine do it right when we come upstairs to go to bed...for about 5-10 minutes and then down for the night. It's like they are running out their last bits of energy!

Our Casey does this only he gets the 11th hour zoomies. He has this incredible burst of wacky energy and I know he will be dead asleep in about 15 minutes. I think he is overtired when it happens. Reminds me of my grandson who used to twirl and spin crazily and run when he was tired. You almost had to tackle him, hold him down and he passed out asleep! Murphy on the other hand has a licking frenzy for about 5 minutes with anything in reach...other dogs, us, the bed frame...and zonks out for the night.

Molly, your post does remind me of something that Tibby does. She can sit in the chair with Bubba for hours and not move a muscle. As soon as they go to bed she starts scratching herself like crazy! He sometimes has to put her off the bed because he can't stand it for such a long period of time.

She does have allergies and I can't deny a flea or two, but she goes through that routine every night.

Tucker does that too, often he gets his "ya-yas" (stealing that from someone on this board, due to a menopause moment I cannot recall who) out, by sprinting up and down the hall in my house into the living room and back down the hall again at top speeds. I live in a little ranch. I'm often afraid he'll crash right into the fireplace. At the end of the hall he does a purposeful slide on the hardwood floor to stop himself, then comes back down again, this only lasts a matter of 3 to 5 mins.

:lol: to ozzy pulling down the boys shorts as he passes, that's hilarious. Barb that must be a fun house!

Pippin does this to, we always say he should have been in the Exorcist , as when he is like this he gives the weirdest growl ,all deep and scary.
He frightens the life out of poor gus, we call Pippin the little devil. :)

He also charges all round the house and up and down the stairs, it lasts about five minutes and then he's back to normal!

:lol: to ozzy pulling down the boys shorts as he passes, that's hilarious. Barb that must be a fun house![/quote]

At the time it wasn't always funny! My boys were in high school then ::sigh:: my house is empty of children now :cry*ing:

My house at the time was very small, and Ozzy is quite large (he's a Golden Retriever)... he was SUCH a naughty teenager that I had a couple of in-house trainer consultations because hubby was about to kick him out! It helped wonderfully and Ozzy has grown into a polite adult. We have great memories, though, and the shorts incidents made us all laugh so hard we would almost wee ourselves! icon_whistling

I have to say when the kids are all three home that Ozzy tends to revert back to some of his mischievous ways, and that is quite refreshing![/quote]

Holly used to go nuts about seven or eight pm. Not quite so often now, thankfully, and Amber doesn't really do it at all. She's hyper when she's not cuddled!

Cody does this too!! So does my shih tzu, Stewie, come to think of it...but he really is evil. Stewie turns into the Tazmanion devil and runs around like a crazy dog. Cody is so mouthy that if no one will play with him he will roll around on the couch a growl until someone notices.

What is really funny is that when they get in this mood, they will try to pounce ANYTHING that moves (including the poor cats). One of my kitties has caught on and they charge at her full speed. She just sits there and looks at them like "you guys are a bunch of idiots". It of course is no fun if she doesn't run, so they try the other cat! :lol:

Yes!! Mia does the "crazy dog run" just about every night at 9:00 p.m. Isn't that funny?!

Wrigley used to do the same thing when he was a puppy--you could set your watch by his 9:00 "zoomies".

Thank god i'm not the only one.
Holly goes mental some evening and will run around the table for ages. Sometimes she'll run, hit a toy on the way round and keep doing this. Then she goes the other way, each time hitting off the toy when passing it. It's hillarous. She also will get a slipper or soft bone and just shake her head with it. It's mental. People just stare at her in disbelief when visiting.
Y

Quincy does exactly the same thing after he has had his dinner and is full of it!! His latest favorite toy is a soft dog that plays "We Wish You a Merry Xmas." when it is squeezed. He puts it in his mouth and then shakes it so hard we are almost convinced Quincy's head is going to fly off. If he is unable to get the song to play on his own, he will then drop it at our feet to get us to do it for him. He also runs around the room "play growling" and attacking his toys. Better than TV any night..............

Back