• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Yout top 5 dog breeds

Mycavyangels

Whats your top 5 dog breeds?
Mine are

cavalier king charles spaniel
golden retriever
Labrador retriever
Newfoundland
australian shepherd :D

I like Papillons ( & the phalene type) Bullmastiffs , Japanese chins , & I like the look of Saluki's

1 Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
2 Cocker Spaniel
3 Border Collie
4 Spinger Spaniel
5 Any Spaniel at all
-----Aileen and the gang(Jazzie--Barney--Sam)

matties mum said:
2 Cocker Spaniel
3 Border Collie
4 Spinger Spaniel
5 Any Spaniel at all

I quite like the look of the b/t cockers , I once saw a gorgous b/t cocker with a stunning coat when I was in the car. One of those dogs you just catch a glimpse of but never forget

AT said:
matties mum said:
2 Cocker Spaniel
3 Border Collie
4 Spinger Spaniel
5 Any Spaniel at all

I quite like the look of the b/t cockers , I once saw a gorgous b/t cocker with a stunning coat when I was in the car. One of those dogs you just catch a glimpse of but never forget

I had a b/t cocker, we just lost him in november he was the most gentle and sweetest dog he was 13 years old.
I always like the spaniel dogs,but cav's are the best.
judy

Oooh toughie as I love so many breeds but I guess this would be my list right now at least

1) Cavaliers
2) West Highland White Terriers
3) Papillions
4) American Eskimos
5) Tibetian Spaniel

1. Cavaliers
2. German Shepherd
3. Border Collie
4. Aussie shepherds-red and blue merles
5. papillon- I just love to say the name really fast and high pitched! I drove my hubby nuts for about 2 months straight!

1. No need to even write it, you already know :)
2. Springer Spaniels
3. Pembroke Welsh Corgis
4. Boston Terriers
5. Labrador Retrievers

Although I am kind of like Claire L, I have never met a dog I didn't think was cute and I didn't love!

I like all, but I prefer:

1. Cavaliers
2. Greyhounds
3. Italian Greyhounds
4. Salukis
5. Afghan Greyhound

(yes, I like very much the greys!!)

But I like any dog that don't want to bite me!! ( I don't feel comfortable with dangerous breeds, like rotweilers, pitbulls, ... )

I love all dogs, they all have their own special reason for being here, but I am partial to:

1. Newfoundlands, I've had one for ten years, since she was 7wks.
2. Cavaliers
3. Golden Retrievers
4. Bernese Mountain Dogs
5. Labrador Retrievers

I do love my cavalier, Ive only had her for a few months. She is lovely, very smart and cuddly. I'm a big dog person, but was dying to have a little dog also. I have been reading about and looking into a Cavalier for three years. I would like to get another one, one day.

I will agree with many of you that I also think Australian Shepards are absolutely gorgeous. I love the blue merles especially. Alas they are too intelligent for the small space I have and I cant even imagine what would happen to my lil condo with such a smart dog who got bored :p

Adding to my above list here are a few more doggies I adore as well. And just because I adore them, like the Australian, doesn't mean they are best suited for my home or lifestyle

Clumber Spaniels
American Malumutes
Keeshonds
Saymoyeds
Belding Terriers
Havaneese
Golden Retreivers
Tibetian Spaniel
Pekinese
French Bulldog
Shih Tzu
Cocker Spaniels
Corgis
And the list can go on and on....

If you couldnt tell Im a dog lover and one who has never had a dog before meaning I had a lot of time to look and read up on all kinds of different breeds :D

hhehe you guys and your dogs - they are fun to read about!

Here are my top 5:

1 ~ Cavaliers
2 ~ French Mastiff or Doggue De Bordeaux
3 ~ Chinese Pug
4 ~ Golden Retriever
5 ~ Yorkshire Terrier

1. CAVALIER
2. austarlian sheperd
3. Pembroke Welsh Corgi
4. Japanese Chin
5. Golden retriever
6. Papillon
7. Tibet Spaniel
8. French bulldog
9. Toy spaniel
10. chihuahua

Oh did you just say the top 5 !! my list go on and on

:sl*p:

I could be all day thinking of my favorites :lol:

There's no way i can list only 5. :shock: But Cavaliers and Greyhounds will always have a special place in my heart. :l*v: Pretty much any other sweet dog (breed doesn't matter) goes on the list, making it basically endless. :)

Mine are:

1. Cavaliers (Of course. I wanted one for about 15 years before I was finally able to get one.)

2. Poodles -- I grew up with them, and I still have to say they are unbelievably smart dogs and very easy to live with. I loved the 4 we had over the years (2 at a time). They were my best friends throughout childhood and up till about 9 years ago when the last one passed away. One of them was beatific and angelic to absolutely everyone (to a fault -- she would put up with all kinds of obnoxious behavior from kids), two were friendly to almost everyone and slavishly devoted to our family members, and the last one loved my family ferociously and had no use for anyone else, and let them know it. As much as I love Daisy, I have to say that our poodles had waaayyyy fewer bad habits as puppies than she does. They were just less "doggy." Less chewing, less biting, cleaner, easier to housetrain, stayed in our unfenced yard, came when called without training or treats, were less wild but still very playful, etc. I know a lot of people don't like poodles, but I am a big fan. My husband hates poodles so I knew they were never really an option for us when we finally decided it was the right time to get a dog. Plus, I hate the grooming issues.

3. Papillons -- never really been around one but I think they are adorable looking.

4. Pomeranians -- see above.

5. Yorkies

Can you tell I'm a big fan of small dogs? :D Of the big dogs I've been around, I like boxers and golden retrievers, but I would never want one that big in the house. And I never want an outdoor dog -- I feel so sorry for them out there alone 95% of the time. Our neighbor has a chow mix out in a dogpen that barks all the time and just looks so miserable. Plus he is very unfriendly. Now, for some unexplicable reason, he has gotten a second dog -- a purebred chow puppy. Great -- I'm just waiting for the stupid thing to get out of its prison and attack my kids or Daisy. Plus, a chow outside in Tennessee is just not fair, IMO, because it just gets too hot for them. Wow -- way off topic. Sorry for the venting.

I will be the first to not list a Cavalier first because I have yet to experience ownership... BUT THIS WEEKEND THAT CHANGES!

1. Labrador Retrievers (such loving yet playful pets)
2. Cavalier (very much like a lab except more playful perhaps more dependant)
3. Minature Collie (almost chose this breed over the Cavalier - a little too playful perhaps)
5. Husky (love love the look of them but would never take on one myself do to exercise/space needed)

Dogs

Cavaliers, then Bichon Frises (had two growing up), and if you want to see something really cute, google a "Cavashon" (a mix between the two although still more fur than I'd care to groom).

Back