• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Yout top 5 dog breeds

my top 5....

1) cavalier
2) irish setter
3) border collie
4) shih tzu
5) clumber spaniel

Kody said:
3. Minature Collie (almost chose this breed over the Cavalier - a little too playful perhaps)

Do you mean the Shetland Sheepdog/Sheltie? :D

I have two, yes loads of energy in those little bodies, lots of daily exercise needed along with lots of grooming! Excellent for obedience and agility, both of mine just thrive on it.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Alison_Leighfield said:
Kody said:
3. Minature Collie (almost chose this breed over the Cavalier - a little too playful perhaps)

Do you mean the Shetland Sheepdog/Sheltie? :D.

Sheltie! that's it, I sat here thinking... darn what's the real name. As a teen my neighbour had one and I loved them. But growing up we had 2 labs, its all I have ever know! Hense it was also my childrens first dog. So when looking for a puppy this time, due to a health issue i have, I needed a smaller dog that wouldnt pull me on my face - so to speak! I started looking at the Sheltie but decided although smaller still would be pretty energetic which might not work out for a balance issue i have. Then I discovered the Cavalier.... love at first read!

Re: Dogs

IzzieBell&MommyBell said:
google a "Cavashon" (a mix between the two although still more fur than I'd care to groom).

They're too cute!!!! Like very fluffy cavaliers!!!!! sweeeeeeeeeeet!

1. Cavaliers
2. Cavaliers b*n*n*
3. Cavaliers ;)
4. Cavaliers :lol:
5. Cavaliers :rotfl:
6. Tibetan Spaniel
7. Border Terriers
8. Papillons
9. Bernese Mountain Dogs
10. German Shepherds

1 Cavalier
2Collie
3Leonberger
4Rottie(specaily long coated)
5French Bulldog
6 Any poor dog needing a place to stay

1. Cav
2. Clumber spaniel
3. Burmese Mountain Dog
4. Golden retriever
5. sussex spaniel or a blue merle australian sheepdog

1. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is the absolute best breed
2. Vizsla - I will have another one some day
3. Basset Hound - I have a real weakness for this breed
4. Pembroke Welsh Corgi
5. German Shepherd - my first dog (first love)
6. Miniature Schnauzer
7. Yorkshire Terrier
8. Pomeranian
9. Shih Tzu
10. West Highland Terrier

Okay Bare in mind I love all dogs. These are the ones I lean towards the most.
1. Golden Retriever
2 Cavalier
3 Border Collie
4 Germanshorthaired pointer
5 Aussie shepherd.
And for all those Aussie lovers out there. Heres a pic of my Secret.
365650461_b66ec54625_m.jpg
. Beautiful girl. And I will show you a pic of Hades when i find one. He is a black tri, but lives with a friend now as the country was too much for him. He is much more settled being in a back yard with wood fencing so he doesnt have to look at everything.[/img]

For small dogs, my first two choices are obvious icon_whistling while the last two are breeds we seriously considered before going with a Miniature Schnauzer.
Cavaliers, Miniature Schnauzer, French Bulldog, Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen

For larger breeds, I love the Old English Sheep Dogs, the Saluki is just beautiful, and the Wirehaird Pointing Griffon has that shaggy, old man look that is so cute...ie...Schnauzer! :lol: :lol:

1. Cavs, of course
2. Weimaraner (I love those steel coats, and if I ever have a big house with a big yard, I'm getting one)
3. Choc. labs
4. frenchies
5. Brussells griffons or clumber spaniels...

StacyC said:
3. Choc. labs...
Oh I love them. We had a blonde and everyone here wanted a Chocolate one next. But my "tipsy body loss of balance issue" ruined that plan. But I know we will love the Cavalier breed too, its just going to be an adjustment period to looking down to find the dog!!

1. Tri Coloured Cavaliers
2. B & T Cavaliers
3. Blenheim Cavaliers
4. Ruby Cavaliers
5. Cocker Spaniels (any colour)
6. German Shepherd (long coated)
7. Rottweiler
8. Choc Lab
9. Black Lab
10. English Bull Terrier
11. Staffie

I love loads of dog breeds so can't limit it to five, sorry :oops:

Let's see....

1. Cavaliers (of course!)

2. Pugs (they are so ugly they're cute and such friendly little sweeties as well)

3. Golden and Labrador Retrievers (i should separate them but can't)

4. Corgis- i don't have much experience with them but their short legs and long bodies make me smile.

5. I have to say that I have a soft spot for mixed breeds---Heinz 57s

My childhood dog was half cocker (black) with a mother that was half cocker half collie and looked just like a sheltie. Lady somehow managed to come out looking just like a Ruby Cav with black tips to her ears. She had a Cav's selfless devotion, fearlessness and loving temperment and is what led me to the breed in the first place. I grew up in the US and moved to Ireland when i was 23. I'd never heard of Cavaliers before coming here, saw Ruby cavs at a dog show, and made it my mission to find the breed of dog that looked like 'little Ladys.' And so I eventually found out and got Indy!

k

Oh no! Don't make me choose :lol:

1. Cav! It's the only breed I've owned so I'm a little biased icon_whistling
2. Golden or Labrador Retriever If I am ever lucky enough to own a big dog like this I don't know which I'd choose!
3. Staffy Oh how dangerous! Lol I just love these dogs!
4. Boxer I've always been around boxers (grandparents own them) and their just so sweet!
5. Burnese Mountain Dog Oh here comes my big dog obsession :p
6. Great Dane How could you not love these guys!!
7. St Bernard Just a big fluffy bundle of love

1. our dearest Cavies... (do'oh)
2. Pomeraniann.. love the white lil puffy ones! :p
3. American Eskimos
4. White westhighland terriers.. cause of Ceaser's soft food ad in tv ! :sl*p:
5. White long hair German Sheperd

but i love any breed.. tee hee.

okay , i know , i love white dogs..... :oops:

i like mixture dogs.
my first two were cocker mixes.
then i had a sheltie mix.
I'm not talking about designer dogs, deliberately blended breeds. I mean, heinz 57. i had good experiences with those, and at the dog park, i often see dogs that i think are adorable and with great personality, and i say "What kind of dog is that??" and the owner shrugs and laughs and says they don't know, or they start guessing, "Well, they think he's part...."

cavaliers are special to me. they have all the qualities of my favorite mutts.
:D

Back