Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really Fed up

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to a very high up person in the cav circles here in Ireland when looking for a companion for Gus and she made me feel the same way about getting Gus neutered.

Although it did upset me at the time I took no notice . I have since had both Gus and Pippin neutered.

I don't understand this attitude coming from respectable breeders!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't give up because of a frustrated -you know what-
    Just think she has her problems too and maybe she had to make somebody to feel bad so she could feel better herself. a lot of people do that!
    I feel sorry for her.
    You do what you think is best and get another opinion!
    Hope you feel a bit better now.
    kisses Ester & a licky from Sam

Post Thanks / Like

That is ridiculous!!! Maybe some breeders are so sure of their pups that they want them continually bred to continue their line? I have no idea about the whole breeding thing, so I may be totally OFF here!
    Kim
    Mommy to Dottie - born November 5, 2006

Post Thanks / Like

I live in the US and all the breeders I have spoken to require that the new puppy be spayed or neutered as part of the contract. It is hard for me to imagine why the woman you talked to would be so crazy to think that all dogs should be bred. I think it is awful that she is making other people feel bad for chosing to have their dogs altered.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like

Funnily enough when I was looking for Jeremy I spoke to a person like that. I told her point blank that male or female I would desex because apart from health issues, I didnt want to breed cavaliers and I didnt want the hassles that go along with an entire male. Been there done that. Its a nightmare trying to keep entire males seperated from bitches in season. If you didnt know I want to breed my goldy girls and dont want any mishaps. So now that he is neautered I have no worries at all. I think you have to be especially dedicated if you are to breed cavies with all the problems that the breed has and its so heartbreaking when you lose puppies. I used to breed Griffons and they were really hard. Faith had 2 litters of 9 we lost 2 the first time and 4 the second, and one of those I kept going for 5 days. I was feeding him every 2 hours and on the 4th day I took them to the vets for a checkup and he hadnt eaten 2 of his feed that day. I knew he was dying and begged the vet to put him to sleep and the vet said no that he would be fine. I couldnt get him to eat at all the next day and he died belly up nice and warm under the heat lamp. I was shattered. Anyway one of my other Griffons had 5 and we lost 3, and then she went on to have 6 all healthy, and my little Molly had 4 and Because I got her on breeders terms she and the pups went to the breeder. She had a cesar and although the pups were healthy, we nearly lost her to milk fever and pymetra. So she came back to me desexed and because of that I couldnt show her anymore . She loved showing and was a little winner too. But at least she was alive and well. So thats my saga with breeding a toy dog breed. You have to be extremely dedicated to it. I commend all the responsible breeders out there Because I know what its like first hand. Sorry I have got carried away and probably way off the track. But I told this lady the same thing and she was really nice after that and saw my reasoning of why I wanted my cavy desexed.

Post Thanks / Like

What a rude old bag - I think that it is a responsbile owner who gets their owner neutered if they are not going to breed them - its healthier for the dogs and also cuts down the amount of strays and unwanted puppies.

I have a breeder in Kent (from the Kennel Club website) if you want the details you can pm.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Check your messages, I'll PM you now....

Post Thanks / Like

Some people are really against neutering-- they look at it as mutilation. The US seems to have extreme attitudes about most things. An all out - jump on the bandwagon- if you don't do it (like I do) you are wrong attitude.
    I am running late-- but alcohol and pet neutering pop into mind. We have high incidences of alcoholism and pet overpopulation that haven't been fixed by these rules/mindsets. jmo

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand anyone who can speak to you like that about getting your baby 'fixed'

Sandy, I love your new avatar, it's wonderful and just about sums up the gentleness of our beloved breed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxs_Mummy
    I don't understand anyone who can speak to you like that about getting your baby 'fixed'

Sandy, I love your new avatar, it's wonderful and just about sums up the gentleness of our beloved breed
    Thanks -- it was a special moment-- I got lucky and caught it on camera. It was made more special by knowing that pup almost didn't make it. She was small 4 ounces and bluish at birth. sandy