• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

food puzzles

jill

i am interested in getting max a food puzzle to use at meal time. when i feed him now, he inhales his food in about 30 seconds and doesnt even enjoy or taste it. i have a kong which i fill with treats and stuff for him, and it's wonderful. keeps him busy for quite a while and makes him think a bit. anyway, i was wondering if anyone uses them or can recommend one...

thanks.

For a single dog (two or more can lead to arguement) a food ball. Mine is Canac brand. it slows feeding as only a little, if any, comes out with each push

ABSOLUTELY!!! Food puzzles are great!! Darby goes absolutely batty over them! :jmp: She knows exactly how to work them, and it often takes her 20-30 minutes to get the last kibble out! Her personal favorite?
The "Busy Buddy" Twist-N-Treat:
twistntreat.jpg

You unscrew the 2 halves, and fill it with kibble or treats, then screw the 2 sides back together. There are 2 openings, and you can make it as easy, or as challenging as you want! Darby loves batting it around with her feet until the kibbles fall out! And because of its weird shape, it doesn't necessarily move in the direction she wants it to - it's hilarious to watch!

Very funny ! food puzzles don't exist in France ! I think Ulysse would like it ! I'll buy one on a website ! Good idea !

There is an item called a "treat stick" at www.helpingudders.com . If you interested in feeding an entire meal in a toy, this is a good one because it is easy to learn how to use, but it slows them down a lot!! My cavies adore it, especially Cody who finishes his meal in 30 seconds flat. My shih tzu finds the whole concept terribly obnoxious and just follows the other dogsaround, letting them do all the work and then cleans up the treats that come out :lol: [/url]

I have that toy and I ADORE it! Cody still hasn't figured that darn thing out. Sometimes he will carry it over to me by the rope so I can shake some cheerios out for him :lol: . It is half the price at this website though :www.dog.com ;)

We have one of those purple 'flying saucer' shaped toys, too, but the ball is more useful , if you want to give acomplete meal, rather than a few treats.

they all sound great.... i think i'm leaning toward the treat stick. thanks for all of your suggestions.

Back