• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Getting message notification

Kodee

Sometimes (not always) when I post a reply to anyones post I dont get a notification that a new message has arrived. I have missed a few threads that I was following. I have started to click ones I am interested in to be sure I havent missed anything - and often I missed a bunch of replies to me! What am I doing wrong? I check my junk mail folder and they are not being directed there? Or is just computer errors that happens now and again to all of you also?

estertje said:
Did you click on the option in your profile?
Yes usually I get replies for the first bit, then they stop. So after a few days or wk, I often go back to posts that I was posting/interested in. Then I noticed there was action going on after I stopped getting notifications. It doesnt happen with all posts just a few recently where I missed answers to some of my questions. OH so if I ignored some of you its not my fault :lol:

This is why:

When a topic you are subscribed to is replied to, an email will be sent to the email address that your username is registered to. The email will contain a link to the topic that has been replied to. You will only receive one email per topic until the next time you log in to the board.

It may be that you have remained logged in on a computer and hence won't get another messge.

Sometimes these messages bounce as well -- a lot of times, your work email -- if that is where you subscribe from -- will bounce the email back to me. That's why I recommend people not use a work email for their board email -- especially if people turn on an autoreply feature as I will get a notification every single time a notification on a toppic is sent to you, from your autoreply. (y)

You can find the entire manual for the bord here:

http://www.phpbb.com/support/guide/

Good question kody, thanks for the answer Karlin. I'd been wondering why that happened. Sometimes I get busy and have the cavtalk board minimized and forget to logout. Does that present any problems?

Ahh thanks Karlin! I know what my problem is. Its not the work address, I work freelance from home - its the being logged all the time! I'm always online doing website updates etc..

Back