Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to STAY HOME FULL TIME!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm going to STAY HOME FULL TIME!

Woohoo!!! So recently I had been posting about going back to work full time and how I was going to work that out with popping in to take Wesley out, etc. Well, I actually had an interview at a friend's company yesterday and they really wanted me there. So DH and I talked last night and we realized, that even with the pay raise, that it's not going to be worth it to go back full time. I'd take home about $3,200/mo, minus almost $2000 in childcare, leaving $1200... minus $650 car payment.... leaving me around $550/mo after all is said and done. Plus gas, food, etc. It's just not worth it to leave my babies for that. DH does make really good money, but we're not taking his into account because his goes elsewhere as well.

Soo.... I'm going to be a FT stay at home mom! We're going to have to cut corners on our fun spending. I actually got sad that we wouldn't be able to get another puppy when Wesley is 18 months, but he said if that's what I REALLY want then, we'll make it happen. YAY! So.... I'm going to start saving now for Cavy #2! WOOT WOOT! I'm really hoping for a tricolor female. Or are two males good?

Anyway... YAY! I'm just excited about all the possibilities this can have in store for me! I can help fostering, I can work part time somewhere doing something fun, etc.

Ah...... LOVE IT! Just had to share my happiness!
    Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you.Quality of life is much more important than money.
    BK

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very happy for you Shannon. It is the best. I stayed home with my kids for about 10 yrs. when they were first born. It was a wonderful life for the children (and me). It was a struggle at times but well worth it in the end. Somehow you always manage. They grow up so fast! Your children will love having you there.
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Im so happy for you and also super jealous at the same time. My dream is to be a SAHM when I have children. Im not sure if it can be done though as my hubby is only a teacher but Im sure when the time comes we can figure it out and make it work. Every year I work and my husband does we save a bit more so maybe when babies come Ill be ok.
    Jasmine, mommy to Ellie (tri girl), Griffin, Hunter, & Dexter (kitties)

Ellie is here!!!!

http://elliethecavalier.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ohhhh I'm soooooooooooo jealous - I'd love to be a SAHM to cavaliers! not babies!
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Im a stay at home mom also, and some days it is difficult. I gave up a really wonderful job with tons of extras to be able to raise the girls...and Ill tell you....Its been worth it all.

Now that my daughters are older....10 and 9 Im considering going back to work in the fall~ But Jeeze, I make as much money off of Ebay as working full time in an entry level position, Plus I get to stay in my P.J.s and read this board and visit with the pups....Its amazing the number of ways a full time home maker can earn extra money.....

I think you can most likely make the best of both worlds on this one, Keep your eyes and ears open and you may just figure out a way to make and save a little extra cash every month so you can pay for your pup yourself....
    Hogan was my Ebay puppy. I paid for him with my ebay "kitty" and it only took me a few months to save enough, and Im part of the 2 grand club.

Not bragging, just made the best purchase I could with the best breeder I could find~
    A Good Attitude is like Kudzu~ It spreads quickly and never stops growing.......

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I'm so happy for you!!!

It's really good to do that one wants to do!!!

Laura Lia Maia

Post Thanks / Like

umm someone want to teach me how to make that kind of money with ebay..

Post Thanks / Like

No kidding. May I ask what you are selling on ebay? I'm actually thinking of taking care of a friend's baby part time, or even going to work at the Y part time too. But I'm also very familiar with selling things on ebay and have had a few ideas.

I'm super excited to be staying home and it will be SO worth it. My kids are wonderful and I can't imagine them being with someone else. Or actually I just can't imagine being without them. I'm hooked! My 16 month old daughter just has me wrapped around her pinky.

Wouldn't you be too?.....

(Picture now removed by mommy)
    Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!

Post Thanks / Like

OH MY GOSH, She IS A TOTAL DOLL FACE!

Id be more than happy to message you and give you a few pointers, as I already P.M.'d the other gal and asked her to contact me via P.M., not that this is rocket science or that I dont want to share any secrets, but a long drawn out explination here isnt really right.

Please P.M. me and let me know how to contact you and Id be happy to share, the more the better. Its quite simple really, if the dumb blonde like me can figure it out anyone really can. It just takes a few weeks of research and "a few behind the belt" and your good to go. Is it a get rich quick thing, nope....but there is money to be made pending on how much time you have, and for a stay at home mum its really perfect. If you dont care if one month you make a few hundred, or the next month more pending on how much time and effort put forth....its really a nice way to stay at home and suppliment you income for little extras...like biscuts and cavaliers......
    A Good Attitude is like Kudzu~ It spreads quickly and never stops growing.......