• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I'm going to STAY HOME FULL TIME!

My Wesley

Woohoo!!! So recently I had been posting about going back to work full time and how I was going to work that out with popping in to take Wesley out, etc. Well, I actually had an interview at a friend's company yesterday and they really wanted me there. So DH and I talked last night and we realized, that even with the pay raise, that it's not going to be worth it to go back full time. I'd take home about $3,200/mo, minus almost $2000 in childcare, leaving $1200... minus $650 car payment.... leaving me around $550/mo after all is said and done. Plus gas, food, etc. It's just not worth it to leave my babies for that. DH does make really good money, but we're not taking his into account because his goes elsewhere as well.

Soo.... I'm going to be a FT stay at home mom! We're going to have to cut corners on our fun spending. I actually got sad that we wouldn't be able to get another puppy when Wesley is 18 months, but he said if that's what I REALLY want then, we'll make it happen. YAY! So.... I'm going to start saving now for Cavy #2! WOOT WOOT! I'm really hoping for a tricolor female. Or are two males good?

Anyway... YAY! I'm just excited about all the possibilities this can have in store for me! I can help fostering, I can work part time somewhere doing something fun, etc.

Ah...... LOVE IT! Just had to share my happiness!

I'm very happy for you Shannon. It is the best. I stayed home with my kids for about 10 yrs. when they were first born. It was a wonderful life for the children (and me). It was a struggle at times but well worth it in the end. Somehow you always manage. They grow up so fast! Your children will love having you there.

Oh Im so happy for you and also super jealous at the same time. My dream is to be a SAHM when I have children. Im not sure if it can be done though as my hubby is only a teacher but Im sure when the time comes we can figure it out and make it work. Every year I work and my husband does we save a bit more so maybe when babies come Ill be ok.

Im a stay at home mom also, and some days it is difficult. I gave up a really wonderful job with tons of extras to be able to raise the girls...and Ill tell you....Its been worth it all.

Now that my daughters are older....10 and 9 Im considering going back to work in the fall~ But Jeeze, I make as much money off of Ebay as working full time in an entry level position, Plus I get to stay in my P.J.s and read this board and visit with the pups....Its amazing the number of ways a full time home maker can earn extra money..... ;)

I think you can most likely make the best of both worlds on this one, Keep your eyes and ears open and you may just figure out a way to make and save a little extra cash every month so you can pay for your pup yourself....
Hogan was my Ebay puppy. I paid for him with my ebay "kitty" and it only took me a few months to save enough, and Im part of the 2 grand club. icon_whistling

Not bragging, just made the best purchase I could with the best breeder I could find~

Wow, I'm so happy for you!!!

It's really good to do that one wants to do!!!

:flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

umm icon_whistling someone want to teach me how to make that kind of money with ebay.. icon_whistling

No kidding. May I ask what you are selling on ebay? I'm actually thinking of taking care of a friend's baby part time, or even going to work at the Y part time too. But I'm also very familiar with selling things on ebay and have had a few ideas.

I'm super excited to be staying home and it will be SO worth it. My kids are wonderful and I can't imagine them being with someone else. Or actually I just can't imagine being without them. I'm hooked! My 16 month old daughter just has me wrapped around her pinky.

Wouldn't you be too?..... ;)

(Picture now removed by mommy) :)

OH MY GOSH, She IS A TOTAL DOLL FACE!

Id be more than happy to message you and give you a few pointers, as I already P.M.'d the other gal and asked her to contact me via P.M., not that this is rocket science or that I dont want to share any secrets, but a long drawn out explination here isnt really right.

Please P.M. me and let me know how to contact you and Id be happy to share, the more the better. Its quite simple really, if the dumb blonde like me can figure it out anyone really can. It just takes a few weeks of research and "a few behind the belt" and your good to go. Is it a get rich quick thing, nope....but there is money to be made pending on how much time you have, and for a stay at home mum its really perfect. If you dont care if one month you make a few hundred, or the next month more pending on how much time and effort put forth....its really a nice way to stay at home and suppliment you income for little extras...like biscuts and cavaliers...... :roll:

Hi everyone,

O.K. Seriously, Ive gotten 4 private messages in the last 5 minutes, and two to my direct Email....Id be more than happy to share any info I have with any of you....but Id like to do it all at once....I cleared out my inbox, and Ill send you all a detailed note tomorrow on how exactly what I do, and different avenues to take.

This is world wide marketing, and as some of you have mentioned in reading your notes many of you are very talented and this really is perfect for you.

As I said before, its not rocket science, quite easy actually for supplimental income...however I do know girls that make alot more than I do and really view this as a full time job. They make a very decent living, its just more time invested than I care to do....so I earn a few extra bucks on the side, and paid for hoggie....( Hogan, but we call him Hoggie)

Please know anyone that sends me a P.M. will recieve a note tomorrow, I just need a bit of time to put it together so that it applys to all of you and any assistance I can give I would be happy to . .....

it's great to stay home. i stayed home until my daughter was 3 1/2, we were poor, i took her shopping for toys at the thrift store, but she didn't know they were less valuable than any other toys. I got my clothes there too. I was in grad school starting when she was 14 months, but was still home most of the time, classes were only a few hours a day, a couple of days a week. she was three when i graduated and i started working part time as a substitute teacher in special ed schools, it was great, i got off at 1 and 2 in the afternoon, depending on the school and the class, they paid $70 a day no matter what time you got off, in 1987. she was in a good preschool, learning to socialize with other kids, she liked it. It was a gradual transition, i started working full time when she was 4, it's been a job with flexible hours and includes some telecommuting.

My mom was home with me until i started school. Then at some point, she went to work as a substitute teacher. She had a teaching credential. I didn't have one, i mean, i had an emergency credential because they were so short of teachers, they were hiring anyone with a bachelors degree who could pass a basic skills test.

i think cavaliers need stay at home moms as much as human children do.

i would love to learn to make some money on ebay. I bought a guitar on ebay once for about $700 and later sold it on ebay for $1300, that was pretty thrilling. but usually i either break even or lose money and feel lucky to get any money at all. I think i don't have the right mind set.

Oh my... your little girl is such a doll! You absolutely must get a picture of puppy and baby together! That would make such a great photo to hang in the house over a mantle! LOL! Trevor and I already are looking for a photography studio here in Columbus that will work well with dogs for our Christmas photo next year. We send out our "yearly" Christmas update around Thanksgiving.

I, too, am a stay at home momma. With Trevor ending Medical School, it just works great with Cicero coming home and all. It will keep me busy! I don't have any kids yet, so right now... just a stay-at-home-wifey! Lots of pool time for me, I work out 3 days a week, and I (am wierd) love to vacuum and have a super clean house (i have mild ocd with certain things), and shop!! We have 2 great malls that allow dogs, and while Easton doesn't allow dogs, I have my ways... lol!

Great idea to stay home with the kiddies!

They grow up so quickly, you'll be so happy that you were there for the pre-school years.....if you blink, they'll be off to college! :) :flwr:

Congratulations !!!! I am a SAHM too ( since Katrina ) and I am LOVING it !!! I was able to expand TiaBellas and now work from home in my PJ's ! I have a ebay store and need to get busy and put some stuff in there ! I am also starting up a new venue .....The Bed-n-Biscuit ...where I will do in home boarding for a small number of toy dogs only . I am hoping this takes off as it will really help money wise ;)

One thing that SAHM's can do is pet sitting ! I would do that instead of the in home boarding BUT I also care for my 15 month old grandbaby and will soon add grandbaby #2 to my already busy day !

I think its sooooooooooo great to be home for the dogs and also home for your children !!!!

Back