• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Beware of PetCare Insurance UPDATE 03/25

That's fantastic news, Bev; you've had a lot of good things happen in the last day or so! :) It sure helps to get a bit of financial support with something like this.

Yay! I'm so happy for you! I also have great experiences working with PetCare on getting a controversial claim paid off. I'm really happy with them so far. It's been WELL worth the money.

Congratulations! that is GREAT news. I'm so happy for you and glad that Molly seems to be doing better. Hugs to her from Lucky. :flwr:

Mollys mom wrote

We got PetCare to lift the Syringomyelia clause from Molly's policy
It took a long time but it boiled down to a very well written letter from my Vet (boy do I owe her!!)

:jump: very pleased-----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie----Barney----Sam)

EXCELLENT! news, you got your money refunded.

(y)

In the U.K I have always got the cover started the day I got the dog (rescues as well)
M&S and Pinnicle both cover rescues with lifelong CONDITION cover, not just the normal 12 month cover.

I have pre-informed the company beforehand when they are coming and from when I wanted the cover to start, then seen the vet afterwards if and only I have needed to, normally getting past the 14 and 28 day wait time.

We normally manage to scrape through, it's about being as good as them at reading the small print. :roll:

Alison.

The older I get, the more I seem to learn things the hard way :sl*p:
but I have more advice for my children.
Explain that one icon_whistling

If you get a puppy, run don't walk to sign up for the insurance. (one that covers hereditary diseases of course) and get the largest policy you can afford.

I knew nothing about nothing really until I found this discussion board, at that point Molly was 1 1/2 years old, and being a first time puppy mom, I had run her to the vet every time she sneezed :roll: , so by the time we got the insurance there was plenty of things in her records for them to pick apart. :oops:

Bev, you're a fighter like me! I recently had to fight for my National Insurance Contributions to be back dated after a mistake was made(not my mistake). It took plently of very detailed letters and in the end, though the mistake was only a few months, I got it back dated to 1997.

It's such a relief to get things sorted isn't it. But how is Molly?

Molly's mom said:
The older I get, the more I seem to learn things the hard way :sl*p:
but I have more advice for my children.
Explain that one icon_whistling

If you get a puppy, run don't walk to sign up for the insurance. (one that covers hereditary diseases of course) and get the largest policy you can afford.

I knew nothing about nothing really until I found this discussion board, at that point Molly was 1 1/2 years old, and being a first time puppy mom, I had run her to the vet every time she sneezed :roll: , so by the time we got the insurance there was plenty of things in her records for them to pick apart. :oops:

Excellent advice Bev that I echo. I got Lily's Insurance through Pet Care when she was just 12 weeks old, and so far we have used it 4 times, and they have paid like clockwork. We have already recouped out premium for this year. I am so glad that we made the investment. Kudos to your Vet fro helping you with this.

Back