Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My little Coco has surgery tomorrow- I'm so scared!

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear that Coco is on the mend
    It just makes you love them even more when you see how much they go through....

Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

How is she today ----Aileen and the gang(Jazzie--Barney--Sam)
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

How's things? Coco is so pretty, her coat is very shiny, what do you shampoo with?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad that Coco is doing better, I got worried when you said that she was in pain. Give her sweet little face a smooch for me!
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire L
    So glad to hear that Coco is on the mend
    It just makes you love them even more when you see how much they go through....

That's so true, Claire. I can't believe how much pain she must be going through after major abdominal surgery. At least when we go through surgery, we can reach for painkillers. These little guys suffer silently. I wish I could take the pain from her!

Coco is doing much better. She's definetly getting back to her normal self. Thanks for your concern. Coco sends you all a big hug!

Pauline, I use a Biogroom shampoo on her. It's a tearless, perfume free, and hypoallergenic one. I got it for her before she came from the breeders. It's been great, no dryness or anything. I had read about Chris Christensen, Pet Silk, and Biogroom shampoos/conditioners from various breeders that show dogs, so I wanted to get Coco one of those. I happen to find Biogroom in a doggie shop, so I went with it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm glad to hear Coco is doing well.

Surprised the vet didn't send some pain meds home with her though.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's mom

Hi Pauline,
    No, they didn't give me any extra pain killers for Coco. They gave her some after the surgery, and that was it. I guess it will just take time for her to heal.

I just thought I'd let you all know how Coco is doing. She wasn't doing anything yesterday but lying down (the day after surgery). She looked really miserable. I tried to encourage her to move a little or play, but she wasn't interested.

At 11:30pm, she went out for her last potty and she FINALLY went #2!!! I was getting worried that she was constipated and uncomfortable. She hadn't gone since before the surgery. When she came back in, her tail was wagging and she was moving around much more! Yayy!

Today she is willing to move around a bit more and she showed some interest in her toys. I'm happy to see any recovery, even if it's slow.
    Thanks again everyone!

Our vets usually give us a two day supply of pain killers. I am surprised they didn't send you home with something.

Post Thanks / Like

I am behind reading posts, too many wake ups with Kodee I think. But I am glad all went well. I would have thought they would give some sort of pain med for a day at home. Poor Coco! But all is well now