• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My little Coco has surgery tomorrow- I'm so scared!

:D So glad to hear that Coco is on the mend (y)
It just makes you love them even more when you see how much they go through....

:flwr: :hug:

I'm so glad that Coco is doing better, I got worried when you said that she was in pain. Give her sweet little face a smooch for me!

Claire L said:
:D So glad to hear that Coco is on the mend (y)
It just makes you love them even more when you see how much they go through....

:flwr: :hug:

:flwr: That's so true, Claire. I can't believe how much pain she must be going through after major abdominal surgery. At least when we go through surgery, we can reach for painkillers. These little guys suffer silently. I wish I could take the pain from her!

Coco is doing much better. She's definetly getting back to her normal self. :) Thanks for your concern. Coco sends you all a big hug! :hug: :l*v:

Pauline, I use a Biogroom shampoo on her. It's a tearless, perfume free, and hypoallergenic one. I got it for her before she came from the breeders. It's been great, no dryness or anything. I had read about Chris Christensen, Pet Silk, and Biogroom shampoos/conditioners from various breeders that show dogs, so I wanted to get Coco one of those. I happen to find Biogroom in a doggie shop, so I went with it! :flwr:

I'm glad to hear Coco is doing well. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Surprised the vet didn't send some pain meds home with her though.

Coco's mom said:
:updte:

Hi Pauline,
No, they didn't give me any extra pain killers for Coco. They gave her some after the surgery, and that was it. I guess it will just take time for her to heal.

I just thought I'd let you all know how Coco is doing. She wasn't doing anything yesterday but lying down (the day after surgery). She looked really miserable. :| I tried to encourage her to move a little or play, but she wasn't interested.

At 11:30pm, she went out for her last potty and she FINALLY went #2!!! I was getting worried that she was constipated and uncomfortable. She hadn't gone since before the surgery. When she came back in, her tail was wagging and she was moving around much more! Yayy!

Today she is willing to move around a bit more and she showed some interest in her toys. :) I'm happy to see any recovery, even if it's slow.
Thanks again everyone! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Our vets usually give us a two day supply of pain killers. I am surprised they didn't send you home with something.

I am behind reading posts, too many wake ups with Kodee I think. But I am glad all went well. I would have thought they would give some sort of pain med for a day at home. Poor Coco! But all is well now :flwr:

Back