• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My little Coco has surgery tomorrow- I'm so scared!

Coco's mom

Well, I've been dreading this moment for months. Coco's spay is tomorrow morning. I'm really nervous for her. :( She's also having her umbilical hernia repaired.

I took her to the vet today for a check up before her spay. She had a blood test and screamed so loud. Poor girl, I felt so sorry for her, but as soon as it was over she returned to the examining room with her tag wagging, happy as ever. :) So cute! I brought in the papers about thrombocytopenia and macrothrombocytosis in cavaliers, but the vet already knew about it.

They aren't sure if she will have to spend the night yet. I'm sending her in with her favorite toy, her snowman, and perhaps a tee that I've worn (to comfort her). I bought a cute little onesie and a not-so-fun E-collar for later. Is there anything else that you guys think I should bring or that she will need?

I'm sure everything will go well. :xfngr:
Please wish Coco the best for tomorrow and keep her in your thoughts.
Thank you so much. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

It sounds like you have everything covered! She will do great, I am sure of it. You will just be amazed how fast they heal. After the first two days, it is hard to get them to sit still!! ;)

You could ask them to put the stitches on the inside and use the soluble kind. It makes it harder for them to pull. And for the days after have an x pen. If she comes home the eve after she really will just want to crawl into bed, so have her crate all clean with nice soft bedding and make it dark. Depending on how groggy she is, you may be advised against feeding her until the next day- that is what I was told with Amber.

I'm sure that Coco's spay and hernia op will go just great! Hopefully she can come home that same day so that she can be in her familiar, comforting environment. Gracie and I will be thinking about you both tomorrow! :flwr:

Coco will probably be home tomorrow evening.

We'll be thinking of her tomorrow! :flwr: :flwr:

That's a great idea Lisa- I'll ask them about putting the stitches inside. Thanks for all the advice and good thoughts. :flwr:

Good luck Im sure she will be fine. She is quite a beauty I might add
Thanks Jasmine!

I'll be thinking of Coco! I'm sure her surgery will go just fine, but I know how you feel, I get worried too about anything like that. She is a beautiful dog!!

OH I can not even think of that darling face yelping! Regardless that spays are done everyday, its hard when its YOUR baby. I think we suffer more than the dogs spayed or neutered worrying about them. She'll be fine, YOU relax! :D

Coco will be fine..... I bit she will get spoilt rotten in the vets. I am sure it is a blenheim thing but Woody always looks like it hurts more and then bleeds. Julian our vet believe it is due to the white fur.

Coco will be fine, she will most likely be pretty groggy if she comes home today and just want to sleep. Don't worry that is all normal behaviour, Darby was recently neutered and I was worried sick but all turned out fine.

He was extremely groggy, and just wanted to sleep.

Just watch her and don't let her lick at that area, they will send you home will full instructions.

You will be fine too. :flwr:
Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I'm sure she will be fine try not to worry. Best wishes from all of us :flwr: :flwr:

Minnie was done last Monday and she is absolutely FINE :l*v: I was worried about her all day and went in to get her as soon as they would let me. She slept for most of the evening anyway and she even did a big wee and a poo before going to bed for the night. She's been out on little walks (10 mins) and she is doing really well.

Coco will be just fine so try to organise your day so that you have something to keep you busy. She'll be back before you know it.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi everyone,

Good news! Everything went well! :wggle:

She may have to stay there overnight though. :( I don't know what to do. The vet recommends she stays there, but no one will be there to watch her anyway. I'll need to take her back to the vet tomorrow morning for a post-op check-up if I take her home today anyway. I'm still waiting for another call from the vet.

Claire, I'm glad to hear Minnie is doing better after her spay.
:flwr:
Thanks for all the support. I just have to wait for her to come home now.

Coco ~

Thank God she's doing so well!! :) I am glad!! Isnt a relief when you get that long awaited call that says they've made it through? :p

To be totally honest with you if I were in your situation I would be very adament that I could take her home during the night ~ ESPECIALLY if nobody would be there over night. I would personally much rather watch my furry and be able to constantly keep close watch on them than have them stay at a vets office all night where nobody would even notice if there was a problem. :(

Just my opinion! :flwr:

Aneesh

I have to put my two cents in here too.

I was thinking of changing Vets prior to Darby's neutering just for convience since mine is such a long drive.

The one Vet that came highly recommended from a friend also had the same rule.

They wanted Darby to stay overnight, when I asked who would be with him and they told me nobody that helped me in making my decision to stay with my own Vet especially for the neutering.

Darby ended up having a few problems, I don't see how they can justify having her stay at the office by herself all night. I would pick her up and bring her back in the morning, you will most likely not get a wink of sleep if you leave her overnight knowing nobody is with her.

Back