Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HOMED: Gorgeous 1 yr old Tricolor, Pearce

Post Thanks / Like

It said pending a couple of days ago ....... unfortunately.

I hope the pup goes to join Ruby and Sydney.

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby and Sydney here,

Dad sent the application off this morning so keep your fingers crossed. Sydney and I were shocked that a site like this exists and how how many other Cavaliers were listed on the PetFinder web page. There are several adorable puppies and several older dogs. Sydney and I didn't think that Cavaliers could ever go homeless and it broke our hearts to see that some humans don't want us despite the love we give them. I'll let you know if Mom and Dad are successful with Pearce. At least we can try to save one.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby and Sydney -

Fingers crossed for you two!! I am so glad that you're trying - I hope everything turns out well for you. What a wonderful thing that you guys are willing to share your space with Pearce - I am sure he will appreciate that a lot!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby here,

An update. Dad has been told that the shelter has a potential loving family in the local area that is willing to adopt Pearce. Also, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club rescue coordinator for the Midwest is also in touch with the shelter and has passed them their rescue application. In the future, the CKCSC rescue group will be notified when and if another Cavalier comes into the shelter. Mom and Dad's application is still pending so if the potential family adoption falls through we are still in the running for a brother. I'll keep everyone up to date on developments.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent news..that he has a potential home, that rescue is involved and will be involved in the future! That's exactly what we want.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea that Humane Societies and Cavalier Rescue Groups, or any rescue group for that matter didn't always work hand in hand. It's very surprising to me. But I understand it better after your explanation Karlin.
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy T
    Excellent news..that he has a potential home, that rescue is involved and will be involved in the future! That's exactly what we want.
    Have been reading through all the posts, how sad that the agencies involved find it so difficult to work together for the best interests of the dogs. Sounds like a step forward in the right direction at the moment though.. well done all.. keep up the good work.
    The loves of my life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carla_clemartill
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy T
    Have been reading through all the posts, how sad that the agencies involved find it so difficult to work together for the best interests of the dogs. Sounds like a step forward in the right direction at the moment though.. well done all.. keep up the good work.
    It is very sad that the different organisations can't work better together and it was something that shocked me when I got involved in rescue work myself.

It's not always like that though - look at all the miracles that happen through Karlin and members of Cavalier Talk's hard work all over the world.

I'm just off to a local kennels to collect a springer to take into spaniel rescue, so it can work .

Post Thanks / Like

It now says that he has been adopted. I hope to a very loving home.

it does make me sick that the breeder would do that to her own dog. she must not be doing something right in her breeding if she had a cav that large. very sad, but he has a home now.
    Lauren
    Brady's Mommy (D.O.B 4/25/2006)

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby and Sydney here,

Although we knew a local family was interested we thought maybe we might get Pearce until now. Its a good thing the local family worked out although we were rooting for Mom and Dad's application to win out. We really wanted a brother. Now that he's been adopted, we wish Pearce the absolute best of luck and hope he has a good long life with his new loving family. Ruby and I will keep browsing this topic and make sure Mom and Dad know about any other Cavaliers that might need either adopting or a helping foster home.