• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Boy first.... girl second??

My Wesley

So I'm trying to plan for the future.... as DH said we can get another Cavy when Wesley is around 18 months.

I'm trying to decide if I should get a girl next, or another boy.

What are your thoughts? I'm thinking a girl. Will they get along well? Wesley will be getting neutered at 6 months so I won't have to worry about anything like "that".

I got a boy first because I always heard that girls love you, but boys are IN love with you. And it's SO true with Wesley. I've never had or met a more loving, kind baby boy.

I just figure it like this.... DH is older than me so older boy, younger girl. My son is older than my daugther, then Wesley could be older than his baby sis. I'm also the youngest of 6 kids and we were born boy, girl, boy, girl, boy, girl. :)

Just seems like a girl would be next don't ya think?! :)

So what are your experiences with your first vs. your 2nd Cavy?

P.S.... I will be HOUNDING down a few of you super breeders on here when the time comes! Pick me! Pick me! ;) :*nana:

I had two boys first and they get along really well. They are just best buds. We shall see how Zoey does now that she is thrown into the mix ;)

or d@mn husband...depending on what he's done this time :sl*p: ...and my mood! :yikes

I had a boy first, Pippin. Then Merry, a girl. They were 10 months apart in age and became the best of friends almost immediately.

I had Spencer first and got Izzy when he was around 9 months. She is such a sassy thing and her own boss, so it took a few days for her to get used to him, Mr. King of the House. But now they are best buds :flwr:

I had Charlie for a year and then I got ms. Darla.... And they are best pals... even though Charlie is the older and the biggest.... I love Darla but Charlie is my "baby".....

For those of you that got your 2nd before your first was one... did you have any problems with the older one reverting back to some naughty puppy behavior? Like peeing in the house, etc?

Mic said:
or d@mn husband...depending on what he's done this time :sl*p: ...and my mood! :yikes

rotflmao--- I was told yesterday that my "dear husband" is a keeper and I wasn't to neuter and rehome him.

Back