• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Little Chloe 6/15/94-1/27/07

Shay

Chloe, my precious Lhasa Apso
6/15/94-1/27/07

]
8083414_348.ts1169937348000.jpg

My baby went to Rainbow Bridge today. She is now eating anything she wants, and as much as she wants, and she is running and playing her little heart out at the bridge. She was a special little girl, and was very brave and loved life so much through all of her illnesses. Even as an old lady she was still such a beautiful girl. My Vet always told me I would know when it was time, and this morning I knew. My Mom called to say she could not stand up this morning and she would not let my Mom pick her up off of the bed to get down. I knew then, it was time. I never expected to have her almost thirteen years (June 15th she would have been 13), but she always pulled through after every illness, she loved life so much. She had a ferocious appetite, and never once, as sick as she was at times, did she not want to eat. I think that’s what kept her going through it all. Up until 6 months ago, she still played like a puppy. I can’t believe she went down hill so fast. She always loved her toys, and knew the name of every toy she had. We would say “go get your bear”, and she would bring the bear, “go get you chicken”, and she would bring the chicken. If we didn’t want her to know what we were saying, like treat or bed, or Vet., we would spell it. Eventually, she would learn what we were spelling, and we would have to find a new way to say or spell the word. She was the smartest little dog I have ever had. We loved her so; she was a spoiled little princess. It hurts so much, but she will always be with us. She had a great life and was loved very much. You will always be in our hearts little Chloe and will be missed everyday by Mommy, Grammy, Daddy Brent, Uncle Jerry, and Lily Rose. *ng*l

that is so sad, there is nothing i can say to make the pain go away but it will get easier. U are in my thoughts

Shay you write beautifully. I could see Chloe with each word I read. I could well imagine her bringing you her bear, and you spelling out words until you had to develop new ways of speaking without her knowing your intent. I have a lump in my throat. Though I can also see the beauty in all of this, even Chloe's passing. What more can we hope all pets experience in their lifetimes but the loyalty and love of devoted families and Chloe certainly had that. Even in this her last day you showed your devotion, lovingly feeding her tidbits of food and sharing her last hours here on Earth with her. God bless you and your family. I am sorry for your loss.

Ah Shay....guess you knew this day was coming sooner rather than later. I know you were in a quandry as to when the time came. Sounds like Chloe let you know. Your tribute to her was beautiful. It's quite clear that she was loved her whole life. Run free Chloe...no more aches or pains baby girl.

Shay my heart goes out to you today.

It is so hard to lose the ones we love. You wrote such a beautiful tribute to her. We know Chloe is now running and playing without pain today.

There is an Indian legend which says when a human dies there is a bridge they must cross to enter into heaven. At the head of that bridge waits every animal that human encountered during their lifetime. The animals, based upon what they know of this person, decide which humans may cross the bridge.... and which are turned away...we know that you will be waved through with open arms and kisses by sweet Chloe.

My thoughts are with you.

Many condolences Shay. My thoughts for your Mam also, I know they were very very close.

I am so sorry for your loss Shay. You have very special memories of Chloe. Her footprints will be on your heart forever.

:( Shay I am so sorry to hear about Chloe. What a sweet girl. You wrote a lovely tribute to her. Let us know if we can do anything and cling tight to your cavvie baby :flwr:

I cannot remember where I first saw this poem. It may have been on this Board. I hope it brings you comfort:

"Where to Bury a Dog

For if the dog be well remembered, if sometimes she leaps through your dreams actual as in life, eyes kindling, laughing, begging, it matters not where that dog sleeps. On a hill where the wind is unrebuked and the trees are roaring, of beside a stream she knew in puppyhood, or somewhere in the flatness of a pastureland where most exhilarating cattle graze. It is one to a dog, and all one to you, and nothing is gained and nothing lost ----if memory lives. But there is one best place to bury a dog.

If you bury her in this spot, she will come to you when you call ---come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death, and down the well-remembered path and to your side again. And though you may call a dozen living dogs to heel, they shall not growl at her nor resent her coming, for she belongs there.

People may scoff at you, who see no lightest blade of grass bent by her footfall, who hear no whimper, people who have never really had a dog. Smile at them, for you shall know something that is hidden from them.

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of her master."

- Anonymous

edited by Karlin to add: this isn't anonymous, it was by by Ben Hur Lampman :). I've added the full piece to the Quiet Corner. Also see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Hur_Lampman

Shay, I am so sorry, it must be so hard for your mom. I just went through this in november 2006, My cocker he would have been 13 in June.
He was healthy until 3 weeks before he was put down, Iwanted him to die at home in his sleep but he was such a fighter and yes you do know when it is time. :cry*ing: Again i am so sorry.
judy

Such a sad time, take comfort in knowing that she knew love from the day she ws born to the day she died.........

Thinking of you

So sorry to hear of your loss Shay.

As the Rainbow tribute says; "So long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart"

Run free Chloe..

I'm so sorry for your loss. Chloe sounds like a very special girl. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

I wanted to thank you all for your kind and sincere condolences for my little girl. You'll never know how much it means to me. It was a difficult weekend, but I know I did the right thing. My Mom is holding up pretty well, but is really missing her. It will take a long time for her, I'm afraid.

We buried her in our back yard under a big oak tree and next to a huge boulder at the edge of the woods. I planted a bunch of bulbs in that area last fall, so it will be lovely in the spring. I have also ordered a little headstone for her.

You guys are a great group of people and I truly value your friendship :flwr:

Oh Shay where have I been? I feel awful to just have found this thread now.

I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Chloe - I hope you're faring a little better now. I know it probably doesn't help to say this but have faith - it does get easier as time goes on.

Give Lily extra big hugs tonight and remember Chloe is watching over her at the bridge. *HUGZ*!

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of Chloe. It is so hard to lose them, especially when they have had many years in our homes. Time does make it easier.

:flwr:

Back