Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ascites and fluid rebuilding

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh Margaret I'm so sorry to hear this dreadful news.

Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and Gizmo - we're all here for you.

I'm sure you will know when it's time - if possible, ask your vet to come out to your house - I think the dog is calmer in their own home. I know it's really hard but the kindest thing you can do is to be with them at the end.

Maybe have some of Gizmo's favourite treats prepared - we gave Peaches some prawns, her favourite, and she was so busy concentrating on those she wasn't aware of what the vet was doing...

Thinking of you and sending comforting thoughts, and wishes for a peaceful parting when it is time.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that Gizmo is not well

Thinking of you

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gizmo-update

I thought I'd let all of you who were so kind to respond know that Gizmo is still hanging in there. He is not eating at all but is drinking, We've stopped his medications. His mostly sleeps and one or the other of us tries to be with him. We're watching to see if he seems in discomfort. If his breathing becomes very labored we will end his suffering. But he's not stretching his neck out and seems able to breath easily when lying down. I'm sure it is not long now.

We had our almost 16 year old rescue dog put down on the 1st of August so I know that this can be a peaceful end. We're hoping that Gizmo dies at home. But as I said, we won't let him suffer.

His full brother, Gadget, (same parents different litter) is staying close by his side and is positioning himself so that Gizmo can rest his head on him. Our newest addition. Sasha, is not so accomodating but since he's only 7 months old we don't expect him to be. But he's not bothering him the way he did when Gizmo felt better.

My husband and I both feel we're living in suspended animation now. But we also know that this is just for a few days and we're willing to give up our regular schedules for this short time.

Thank you again for your good wishes and kind thoughts.

Margaret
    Margaret, Newton, MA - Gadget (blenheim), Sasha (ruby), Wyatt (blenheim)

Post Thanks / Like

My heart just aches for you Margaret and your family and Gizmo. Even though you try to prepare yourself and you know it is inevitable and right it is so very difficult. It is like having your arm ripped off. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Gentle hugs for Gizmo.

Take care
    Mary
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. Thinking of you,

Pepsi x

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Margaret I am so very sorry to hear Gizmo isn't doing so well
    I think it's lovely the way Gadget is rallying around his brother and being there for him - they are so clever and just seem to 'sense' these things.

I don't know what to say to comfort you as I know that nothing can but just try to enjoy his final days with him and then remember all the good times you have had together.

Toby will be waiting for him when it's his time to cross the bridge

Take care to you and your family & gentle s for Gizmo xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about Gizmo, he is very lucky to have a family like you to take such care of him.