Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Me?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why Me?

What is it about Cavaliers that just want to be everywhere with you? I know they were bred to be companion dogs but even with four of us humans in our house, my two cav's only want to be with me. They will lie outside the bathroom door waiting for me, they sit and watch me dressing or undressing, sleeping in the bedroom, sorting laundry housework etc, etc no matter where I am, they are there also.

They love my daughter and will stay with her if i'm not around, they'll greet my son but never look to be with him, same with my partner. It's much more interesting downstairs now with my daughter's friends in the kitchen, but no, they are crowded around the little space at my feet under the computer table.
    I kinda understand with Max, he's my babe, had him since a little puppy, but Bran is older (perhaps 2-3) a rescue and only been here since november last. But he's just like Max.

Just wondering...Why me??
    (not complaining of course, I love them to bits)
    Max (Tri Babe) & Bran (The Ruby Man) & Springer Sal (Waiting at the Bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

I would say it's because you are their mommy! You have most likely been the one who primarily takes care of them, and meets their needs. This makes you SPECIAL in their puppy dog eyes!
    Kim
    Mommy to Dottie - born November 5, 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Are you the one that feeds them? That is usually a BIG factor I always like the person who feeds me too!
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

Are they both boys ?? i find Boys are BIG Mama's boys ! I have 5 dogs .....4 girls and 1 boy , and Colby is exactly like you describe ! He loves me soooooooooooooooooooo much !

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I think it may be a boy thing!! They are momma's boys to the very core. But I also think it is about who meets their needs. I feed them, bathe them, buy them toys, take them places, work on training etc. The DH wrestles and play with them.

Zoey seems like she is going to be mommy's little princess too, though. But she has only been here two glorious days. I think the big factor was that I was the first face she saw when she got off that airplane. It was like I rescued her, and now she is stuck to me like glue!!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, they just love you ..... in a major kind of way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A good way to help 'spread the love' so to speak is give others the key care jobs -- have other family members feed and walk the dogs. This helps to make them less focused on just one person. Most dogs bond more closely with one person in the family though and that tends to be whoever cares for them most of the time.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Teddy is always, always, ALWAYS my shadow!!!
    He is very attached. Now, Katydid, she is a real corker!!! SHe is a loving little doll....such sweetnes BUT!!!! She can entertain herself and get so carried away with batting a tiny tennis ball around the house while holding another soft plush ball in her mouth.....that she does not need to be up my butt like Tedster.
    I like that they are opposites altho' she is a great cuddler...she is independent.
    I think I did it to Teddy.....a super neurotic mommy then....now with Katy I am just neurotic !

Post Thanks / Like

Bentley is never, ever more than about 10 feet away from me, he follows me into every room, no matter what I'm doing....I love it! However there are times where he is almost under my feet! Bailey, my Poodle, on the other hand, is content to follow me sometimes, but he mostly prefers to relax on my bed!
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm telling ya'll.....its a Boy thing !!! I am the 100% caregiver to all of the dogs .......and the girls still drop me like a hot potato for their daddy !!! I am just their maid