Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Me?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne
    I'm telling ya'll.....its a Boy thing !!! I am the 100% caregiver to all of the dogs .......and the girls still drop me like a hot potato for their daddy !!! I am just their maid
    When i was looking for a cavalier, i spoke to a breeder who had two older males, one 6 month old and one 1 year old. I told her i had been looking for a female, but was open to a male. She said "The girls love you. The boys are IN LOVE with you."

but i don't know if you can generalize. For about a week and a half, i've been a two cavalier household, i have my daughter's 19 month old Belle here. Zack is 16 months old. They definitely have different vibes and behaviors when it comes to relationship to human. Between the two of them, Belle is the one who will jump up on me when i come home, Zack will run into the living room and wait for me to come, Belle wants to merge. But she is getting used to how things are here, and is conforming to the norms Zack sets, behaviorally.

The two adore each other, they are great pals.

Belle, more than Zack, likes to lay right on you. Zack is bigger so it's harder with him. But while i'm typing, he is laying in my lap, while she is across the room snoozing on the loveseat. Lisa asked me today if Belle has been sleeping on me. She really hasn't. But compared to Zack, if i pick her up and hold her in my lap she will lay down and get comfortable, while Zack may or may not want to lay on me, he mostly does it when it's his own choice rather than if i pick him up and put him in my lap. Belle is always lap ready.

Both follow me into the bathroom. Both follow everywhere. Belle is more literally under foot.

Post Thanks / Like

I beg to differ my girls are my shadows!!! They lay on the floor of the bathroom while I take a shower, follow me to the loo. lay on my lap and sleep on my feet at night. They love their daddy to bits and both of us share the caring. So my little girls are just as loving as your boys!!!!
    Julie and the girls

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the boy/girl theory. I've had both boys and girls and each dog is very different.

I do agree they bond more with whoever looks after them most but some dogs are just very independent and like their own space, others will cling to you for dear life! Pretty much all our dogs have been clingers except Cassie who adored my Mam but didn't love the rest of us quite as much!

Thats what I love about cavaliers - I love to be loved and so do they
    Casshon

Molly (Blenheim) & Bella (Tri)
    Honey, Cassie & Tiki (Cavalier Angels)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forest
    I beg to differ my girls are my shadows!!! They lay on the floor of the bathroom while I take a shower, follow me to the loo. lay on my lap and sleep on my feet at night. They love their daddy to bits and both of us share the caring. So my little girls are just as loving as your boys!!!!
    I couldn't agree more, Julie! My girls follow me around all day too. I am their sole focus. Everywhere I go, I hear their little jingling collars right behind me - especially Lexi (my 9 month old). They are not nearly as attached to my husband.
    Angie, Katie and Lexi

Post Thanks / Like

My boys follow me everywhere, if I'm in the bathroom I could here them smelling underneith the door. I have been married for 37 years and
    we have had 5 dogs all boys so I don't know if it is a boy thing, but all my 5 dogs have been mommy's dogs. Everyone of them followed my every move.
    judy

Post Thanks / Like

lady's like my shadow and always wants to be on my lap or on the sofa when i am. I am the one who feeds her and spends more time with her in the day i work part time in retail and study at home for uni for most of the day so she's used to me being at home. She does love her daddy though and is far morr obidient with him than me. Only one thing for it we will have to get a boy next and see who's more lovable.
    Natalie, mummy to lady (blen) 8 months old

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of think it's a boy thing, too--at least in my house. Wrigley is my velcro dog and Mia is a little more independent and can entertain herself. Though when she's sleepy or cold--she a great little snuggler. I don't know if I could handle two velcro doggies...but I guess I could suffer through.
    Denise, Wrigley (Golden-5 Yrs.) and
    Mia Bella (Cavalier-2 Yrs.)

Mic Guest

"Why me?" you ask.

Well, regardless of your pup's sex, it's pretty obvious that SOMEONE in your home ADORES, WORSHIPS, IDOLIZES and CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU! The dogs are the only ones in my house that feel that way about me, so I'll take it however I can get it.

Don't ask questions! Just enjoy every minute of it.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe they see you as the leader off the pack? Sam does it too, he even has to be with me when I go to the loo When I leave the room when he's asleep, even without making any noise like opening the door or so, he wakes up and jumps after me. He doesn't do it so fanatically with my parents. It makes me weak, thinking he loves and prefers ME! It's the first doggy in the house to do that. But off course this one is MY doggy, the other were my parents'.
    kisses Ester & a licky from Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Denise G.
    I kind of think it's a boy thing, too--at least in my house.
    I was always told that females where more likely to be so attached to their owners. But I don't know from experience, we allways had males around here.
    kisses Ester & a licky from Sam