• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A few questions about cavalier behavior....

Mabes

Hello! My little three year old Frodo does some odd things. I'm hoping maybe some of you have recognized the same behavior.

First of all, he ALWAYS sits with my mom in her chair. But he will lay next to her, and stare at me from across the room. Its an abnormal amount of staring, and it happens every night. He will stare for minutes on end untill he finally gets tired and goes to sleep. Anybody know why?

Secondly, he coughs or "hacks" a lot after drinking water. Its almost a hairball sort of cough. Normal?

Lastly, He ALWAYS sleeps on this stomach, front legs straight out, back right leg tucked in, but with back LEFT leg straight out behind him! Its so odd how it is the same leg everytime!

any kind of input would be much appreciated!

Sounds like normal stuff. My Jake will lay on the couch at night and just stare at me...until he falls asleep. Shelby will lay on her tummy with one leg tucked under or both legs spread frogs legs behind her.

ahh okay. thanks for your response! I knew they were probably normal behaviors, but I wanted to see how many others have these behaviors. I dont mind them, i think they are cute little quirks!

zack doesn't conform to the stereotype that dogs sleep most of the time. He stays awake most of the time when i'm home. He walks around and plays and things, but lots of times, he lays down and stares out the sliding glass door at the backyard, or he stares at the TV, or he stares at me. Sometimes, like tonight, he was laying in my lap, his head was up and he was just staring across the room, for a long time. He's doing it right now, he's on the loveseat across the room, curled up, but his head it up and he's looking into the backyard. Sometimes he puts his head down but keeps his eyes open. I always wonder what's going on in that head of his, and why he doesn't just go to sleep.

I've never seen him lay with one leg sticking out, i dont' think, but my cat does that.

Ohh its starting to make sense that it is just their breed being dreamers :)
I've often wondered what Frodo is thinking as well.

I do have another question come to think of it. I just remember because he is sleeping beside me right now snoring louder than a train.

Do your cavaliers snore loudly? His vet said it is just his breed and that they have an abnormal nasal cavity or something to that extent. Its really cute but often times annoying when I'm trying to fall asleep lol

George snores louder than anyone I know!! I love it most of time but at 3.00am it can get in on you. Wouldn't change it for the world though!!

This is so funny to me. I have been wondering the same thing. Lily will sit on my husband's lap across the room and just stare and stare at me. As if to say, "look at me, I'm on Daddy's lap and you're not". :lol: If she is sitting on my lap, she doesn't stare at my husband. It is the funniest thing. I just wonder what she is really thinking icon_nwunsure

Almost every night while I'm sitting on the sofa knitting, Chester will sit on the other side of the coffee table and stare at me. I have no idea why and when I call him to come to me he ignores me and continues to sit and stare. The really funny part is that when he's in sit position behind the table I can only see from his eyes up so he looks like an alligator in the water...like he's stalking me! It's very silly but very cute and it makes me laugh every night. Sometimes I'll stare back to see who can win the staring contest and most times I win!

That's so funny! Jake does the same thing. I get such a kick of being able to only see eyes over the top of the table. I usually give in, go around, pick him up and put him in my lap. Then we're all happy.

oh wow im thrilled to know that you guys have the same staring contests! and also that snoring is normal. Jeez could they get any cuter?

Back