Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED! Chester is having his first Agility class on Feb 5!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default UPDATED! Chester is having his first Agility class on Feb 5!

I'm so excited! I finally signed Chester up for his first agility class at the lovely Richmond SPCA! It's a 7-week Intro to Agility course and if he does well I plan to continue with additional courses.

The Richmond SPCA went through some major renovations some years ago and they have an amazing indoor area where they have their classes. I've been there for their "Canine Cafe" gatherings and the room is HUGE and they have all the really cool agility props. Here's the pic of of the room from their website:

The first class is Monday, Feb 5 at 8:30pm and it lasts an hour. The class is limited to 6 dogs so hopefully everyone will get plenty of help/attention. I hope Chester enjoys it and has fun.

If anyone has any advice for us please let me know. I'm very excited and I'll post an update after the first class.

-Monica & Chester
    "My little dog: A heartbeat at my feet."
    ~Edith Wharton

Post Thanks / Like

Wow looks like so much fun!

No advice sorry but I remember watching a show on animal planet about dogs competing in agility. I used to wake up early every saturday so I woudln't miss it!

When Ollie is older I hope to start agility too
    Emily and Ollie (29/10/06)

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun..looks like a nice facility...I'm going to start teaching an intro class this weekend and we are outdoors...it is going to be cold..brrrrr
    Debbie, Riley and Robbie

Post Thanks / Like

I am so jealous. Your facility looks wonderful. We have been trying to go to beginners Agility classes with Buddy since last summer but have had trouble scheduling. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can work it out when the Spring classes start. We have to drive almost an hour and the classes are outside. How old is Chester and have you done any Agility before? Buddy just turned two.
    Phyllis in West Virginia USA with two Clumbers and a Cavalier Named Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Phyllis,

Chester is 2.5 and he's never done agility before. I'm very excited and I think he will really enjoy it. The class is limited to 6 dogs and do far only 3 have signed up. I'm very happy it's a small class.
    ~Edith Wharton

Post Thanks / Like

Like Emily I've seen agility competitions on Animal Planet. I've thought, Tucker could probably do that with the proper training. Unfortunately for Tucker, physically I wouldn't be up to it! lol Maybe they have mummy pre-agility class training. Good luck Gudrun. I look forward to hearing about it and I hope to one day see Chester on Animal Planet
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debjen
    Have fun..looks like a nice facility...I'm going to start teaching an intro class this weekend and we are outdoors...it is going to be cold..brrrrr
    Outdoors?! Wow...I hope you have a good, warm coat! How cold is it now where you live? It's been hovering in the 30's and 40's here in Virginia so an outdoor class would be impossible right now unless the attendees were Newfoundlands!
    ~Edith Wharton

Post Thanks / Like

That looks FAB!

I started Whitney in agility classes a few weeks ago on a Saturday morning.....she ADORES it! she can't get in there fast enough
    Ours in indoors through the winter months, but from March-October it's outside which I like the best.

Alison.

Post Thanks / Like

The facility looks wonderful!

Chester & Mary Alice are the same age.

Have a great time and let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Not again! Sorry.