• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Howdy!

twinklfsh

Hi all. We have just added to our cavalier family. Ronnie, a three year old blenheim, is now the big brother of our three year old Ruby, Reagan. They are such a site. So beautiful. So loving and truely my heroes. Ronnie's owner abandoned him and after a week or so of observation we are pretty sure that she abandoned him because of SM. So now we are looking for good doctors and starting the course of treatment for this horrible disease. What a shame that such wonderful babies have to struggle with so many medical problems. Can beauty ever exist without thorns? Guess not.

Beautiful dogs, absolute beautiful!! (But then, look at my avatar!)

They really are pretty - my ruby doesn't have a good coat and Wallis's ears don't seem to grow.

I'm taking my girls to a different vet on Wednesday; one who is more familiar with the breed.

Good luck with Ronnie - hope that it isn't SM.

Welcome to the site!

Bless your heart for taking this boy in. You will find tons of info on this site and Karlin's sm sister site. Please keep us posted on how he does. Welcome!

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone! It's so wonderful to see all the beautiful, healthy cavs! Reagan's ears don't grow either, but then neither did her mama's, so......we just keep her bobbed. That way she is a pretty little doris day. =-) I'll keep everyone posted on Ronnie. Thanks for the vet tips.

Hey Critter - I was reading back through the replies. We had to try a couple of different things with Reagan's coat before it started to look healthy. First off, at least at my breeder, the Ruby's coats tend to be coarser than the blenheims and tri's. The coarseness makes it not as shiny as the other colors. But when we switched Reagans food to Canidae all that changed. Within three months she was looking so much better, glossier, and shinier, and now a year later she is finally growing longer hair. I also had all the dead ends cut off at the groomers. I know you are not supposed to cute them, but dead hair or stragly hair doesn't look good on anyone. I also buy a special brush called a mars coat king that pulls the unhealthy dead hair from Reagan, so now that her hair is growing its the shiny, beautiful stuff. Hope all this helps. -Michelle

welcome to ronnie, reagan and twinklfsh!

i think your dogs are lovely! hope you enjoy the board! i've only been here for a few weeks and i'm an addict!!!

:) k

Back