Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog Hair Everywhere!!!

Post Thanks / Like

With 3 dogs and a cat fur is unavoidable at my house. However, there are times of the year where it is worse. I have noticed that with all this mild weather we have had my dogs are already losing their winter coat.
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

My suggestions:

1. Get the Animal Dyson (I love mine!!)
    2. Put a rubber band around a bristle or pin brush when you brush your dogs, it catches a lot more of the loose hair!

Good luck! Unfortunately... if you have a dog, dog hair is inevitable!
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]"Suum Cuique"[/COLOR][/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy
    Just curious....I've seen the ads for Dyson but what makes them so much better than another vac?? Thanks.
    Hi Zippy....I don't know anything about Dyson's, but I just bought a new Hoover, before I knew we were getting Lily, and it works great! Now I have one for upstairs and one for down, the old one is a Hoover too, and still works great. Upstairs I have all hardwoods, except for the bedrooms. I have area rugs in the other rooms. On the hard woods I use a little cordless Bissel sweeper, that works great too.
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like

I second Fraggle's advice on getting a Furminator grooming tool and using it weekly. I use it on Chester regularly and his shedding has been cut down by 75% from what I can tell. Also, there's no way around the fact that with a dog in the house you will have to vacuum more often.

In my opinion, dog hair around the house is a perfectly acceptable price to pay for the amazing love of an amazing and sweet dog!
    "My little dog: A heartbeat at my feet."
    ~Edith Wharton

Post Thanks / Like

I think dog hair is part and package of a Cavalier I vac every day with either my Miele cat n dog or the Dyson. I clip Maxx short and have now also clipped Charlie - we still get furballs from their ears though - they hide under the sofa and behind the hall table (the furballs that is) and try to escape the vac.

We joke about it here and ask which colour dog fur would you like with your dinner

Post Thanks / Like

The Dyson Animal is the best IMO!! I have a Golden (equals three Cavaliers) and little Mia my Cavalier. I vaccuum two to three times a week and it keeps things a fur-free as possible. I thought my other vaccuum was doing a good job, until I got my Dyson and re-vaccuumed a room I had just vaccuumed before I bought the Dyson. I was pretty shocked at how much dirt/hair was left in the carpet.

They're not cheap, but worth every penny.
    Denise, Wrigley (Golden-5 Yrs.) and
    Mia Bella (Cavalier-2 Yrs.)

Post Thanks / Like

Since we lost Dillon, we only have the one Saint Bernard... and the difference in the amount of hair on the floor (and everywhere else!) is noticeable... but the hair coming off Missy (remaining Saint) is still incredible. I can Furminate both Cavaliers once a week and still won't come up with even a fraction of what the big dog would give up every day.

KC

Post Thanks / Like

I always get my Cav cut reqular and hardly have any hairs . It also helps if you have a wooden floor and I hoover every day.

Post Thanks / Like

we brush lady every night with a kong zoom groom and then hoover every day we have an ordinary dyson, we only have one room which has carpet the rest are wooden floors that seems to help. And also she doesn't seem to loose that much hair because she only has a very short coat. Also we have lint rollers in every room and in the car.
    Natalie, mummy to lady (blen) 8 months old