Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Hair Everywhere!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog Hair Everywhere!!!

Tripp is leaving dog hair everywhere and my wife is going crazy, she's not a big fan of dogs in the house and now all this hair is making it worse. Anyone have advise on how to keep the dog hair from getting on everything? what kind of brush do you recommend, and how often should we brush him? I've heard people talk about the fuminator, will that help?

Thanks,
    SeanBoy

Post Thanks / Like

HOW many dogs do you have??? rotf We have tumbleweeds of hair.

Post Thanks / Like

All I can offer is ... brush brush brush! I brush mine very couple of days and vacuum every 3 days. I still have doggie hair tumbleweeds though. We also have a lint roller in pretty much every room of the house. It's a part of Cavaliers you can't escape.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to tell you....there is no hope I use my swiffer sweeper EVERY DAY and I still have rouge tumble weeds of hair. Then I went and did the smart thing....I bought another cavalier
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

My advice, start changing the decor to match the dog hair. Everything in my house is not a light color. It matches my blenheim cavalier and my yellow lab. Just don't wear black here!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have 3 cavaliers and lots of dog hair. I'd recommend getting a Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner for starters; you would not believe how much hair it picks up. Then brush your cavalier every day with a slicker brush, and wash his bed every week. Buy a huge pack of lint rollers! I also have throws on the living room furniture that I wash every week. We use a swiffer vacuum in the kitchen almost every day, too!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi SeanBoy, I have a Furminator which I use on Bella regularly. It is absolutely brilliant and removes handfuls of dead undercoat everytime I use it. It does help to keep the hair under control.

I also have a Dyson Animal (agree with the above recommendation on this item - fab!) and a sweeper that I run over the house a few times each day.

It's the only way with a cavalier and 2 cats!
    Mum to Bella - Ruby bitch (3 years old)

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious....I've seen the ads for Dyson but what makes them so much better than another vac?? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

i have 5 and when they shed its like a hair factory here ..i have a dyson animal they are great also daily brushing will keep the floors a bit hair free
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like

I think for my birthday I want the new Dyson handvac...I have wood floors so the Full size one wouldn't be worth the investment. However the handvac looks super powerful and hopeful I wouldn't have to empty it 15 times to get the couch vacuumed off!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie