Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!! Need tips for destructive chewing

Post Thanks / Like

Boy can I sympathize with you. Our Casey, who we call Jaws, is a chewer. Window blinds, cords, woodwork, shoes, glasses, you name it. He is finally starting to slow up. In addition to teaching NO, we have redirected him to other chewing things and he has finally gotten the notion that he should only chew his things.

We used an old sock with a knot tied in it, frozen, for really bad teething. In addition to bully sticks, bully tails, bimple bones, he LOVES chewing on toys from Helping Udders: http://www.helpingudders.com/

The x-pen is a great idea! And I love your new Lucky avatar. He is so handsome.
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Linda'nQuincy
    I am so sorry for the multiple entries below. I guess I got carried away with the mouse.........
    Linda, those duplicate entries happen a lot. As a moderator, I always delete them as I encounter them! Ooops, I deleted it before I read this post!!!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Nixon
    Re Kongs: I don't think I'd trust the so called puppy ones ( the stick-shaped ones in particular) as they seem very soft and a determined chewer could bite piece off and suffer a gut blockage, as a result. This happened to a Yorkie who was being collected after his op,when I was there, a few years ago, but he'd swallowed a piece of squeaky toy.

Perhaps putting some of his daily food ration in a treat ball would create a distraction from chewing, for a while and the pen would control the area it's allowed to roll in..
    Good point Barbara, I know there are black kongs that are supposed to be indestructible, and the red ones have always help up with Geordie (my version of "Jaws" - Molly!) But the blue and white puppy kong might not be a good choice!
    Cathy Moon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm not familiar with the chicken rounds - what brand are they, sounds interesting for a treat!
    Cathy Moon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is not the brand I get - there are several brands but it will give you a better idea of what they are:

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.as...milyID=100393&

The brand I get is from another store that doesn't have a website. Lucky LOVES them. They totally saved us on his graduation from Puppy Kindergarten - he came to me in a flash on "Come"!!! The trainer couldn't believe it.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmmm, looks really good - will have to pick some up @ Petco! Thanks!!!!
    Cathy Moon

Post Thanks / Like

I buy the chicken rounds at Pet People here in San Diego. They are in a yellow and clear plastic tub and are made by Pet Center Inc. They also have a web site: www.petcenterinc.com. Phone number: (800) 390-0575. The best part is they are made from 100% chicken breast.

Post Thanks / Like

Gus loves a toy called Antlerz... it is actual deer antler that has been shed... so they don't hurt the deer. Gus is still chewing on one I got him about 4 months ago!
    Kath

Post Thanks / Like

I bet Quincy would enjoy a deer antler too! Where did you buy it? Thanks............