Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Zyrtec is a great allergy prescription drug that is meant for year round allergies. I take it for my allergies, and it works - only 1 pill every 24 hours, and it's very effective.

If you really must put him into Cav rescue, it would be best if he's neutered beforehand.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

I just PMed you. I live in NC and could help.
    Bishop's parents

Post Thanks / Like

Darn I wish I was closer

Post Thanks / Like

[size=7]WAIT!!!!!!!!![/size]

There is this stuff called AllerpetD! It works GREAT! I know someone with severe allergies to her 2 cocker spaniels... and she uses AllerpetD once a week and she has no allergic reaction to her dog!

Also... you can take Claritin... we have a Walgreens (local pharmacy) version that is $12 for a 60 count bottle! My mother takes it regularly for her dog allergies (they have a corgie/spaniel mix). She has been taking it almost daily (basically on an as needed basis) and it still works for her 3 years later!

My mother also vacuums everyday (i know a pain, but she loves her dog) and bathes Zoe almost every week with a mild shampoo! All of these factors help tramendously!

Please exhaust these avenues before giving up your baby! I know how hard it can be to just wait it out and see what works... but it is worth it in the end!!

Please PM me if you have any questions!

Raven
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]We[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]Love [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Cicero[/COLOR]![/B]
    [B][COLOR=yellowgreen]"Suum Cuique"[/COLOR][/B]
    (To Each Thier Own)

Post Thanks / Like

If you must give him up....absolutely contact rescue.

Here is Central Carolina's club contact info
    http://www.carolinacavaliers.com/rescue.htm

Or go to cavalierrescueusa as directed by Moniechris.

I can tell you that rescue will nurture and protect your Cavalier and won't give him up until they find the perfect home for him. I work with Cavalier Rescue in Southern California. Cavalier rescue knows what Cavaliers need and what their personalities are like. We often have applications of people who are pre-approved for adoption. We match the dog to the person and won't do it until we feel confident we've made the right match.

Absolutely, definitely do not turn him into a shelter. He will be well taken care of if given over to rescue.

I placed several last year due to a change in family dynamics and happy to say that everyone is doing well now. The families that gave them over are relieved to know that the dogs are happy. And the adoptive families are over the moon to finally be open to open their hearts and homes to a dog needing a new home.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Linda: I am certain this is a very hard decision for you and one you have not made lightly. If you have definitely decided it is in Bailey's and your best interest to find him a new home, the first thing you need to do is contact Bailey's breeder. Most reputable breeder have clauses in their contracts that if you can no longer provide a home for the dog you got from them you must return it to the breeder. The breeder will then find Bailey a new home. I know breeders who on the death of an owner have taken dogs back at ten years of age. If your breeder will not help, or if you for some reason do not think they will take good care of Bailey, then please take advantage of Cavalier Rescue through the CKCSC. Someone earlier in this thread sent you a link, but here it is again:
    http://www.cavalierrescueusa.org/html/contacts.html.

Best of luck to you and to Bailey.
    Phyllis in West Virginia USA with two Clumbers and a Cavalier Named Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Linda,
    I am so sorry you have to give up your boy. I can relate to your allergy problem and know how awful it can be and so hard to treat. Please listen to the advice about giving Bailey to Cavalier Rescue-when you do this you are giving him the future that was part of your plan when you first brought him home. Doing your best for him will always be a sweet memory for you.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

Linda, please check your PM. I might know someone interested, and we aren't too far from you.
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

My parents live in NC. My mom had a CKCS that passed away last year from old age. I was telling her about your baby tonight. She talked to my dad about it and called me right back and asked me to see if they could adopt him.
    My aunt has 2 CKCS and we also had one when we lived in NC years ago. You are right that not many people there appreciate them, but my mom loves them and Bailey would have a wonderful home there. They have a 1 year old Pekinese that they adopted from the vet in their town. I know they can provide outstanding references.
    I PM'ed you, so please let me know if you are interested.
    Mom to Harley & Carley (7months)

Post Thanks / Like

This is just really sad for all~ Please keep us posted on what happens.
    A Good Attitude is like Kudzu~ It spreads quickly and never stops growing.......