• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

help.

LINDA CROSS

I have a big problem. Bailey is a 1 year old blem. He is a great dog, but because of my husbands and my allergies we have to get rid of him. I want bailey to have a great home. Can anyone help bailey find a new home?

Why don't you get rid of your hubby instead? Or get him to have desensitizing injections?

You don't say where you are btw. So how can we offer to help?

Hope someone can help you then. I am in the wrong country.

Have you seriously thought about desensitizing injections though? I wouldn't let my boys go because of an allergy.

My youngest son was severely asthmatic when he was younger but with regular bathing of the dog and regular vac'ing and dusting of the house we never had a problem.

There are loads of steps you can take to keep the dander down and help prevent allergies :flwr:

I would LOVE to have him, but I live in hawaii so unless he has 2 rabie shots a micro chip and a health cert I can't get hime here wiithout a lenghty quatentine. not to mention that long plane trip. drat!! i am sure you will find someone who will love him as much as you do.

I would never take him to the pound. I am just scared if I give him or sell him here in nc , they would not appreciate him. Like I said they know nothing about cavs. Before I let him go to just any one I will get rid of hubby lol

Good luck. It must be so painful for you to part with your little baby. I hope you find a great new home for him soon. :flwr:

Zyrtec is a great allergy prescription drug that is meant for year round allergies. I take it for my allergies, and it works - only 1 pill every 24 hours, and it's very effective. :flwr:

If you really must put him into Cav rescue, it would be best if he's neutered beforehand.

WAIT!!!!!!!!!

There is this stuff called AllerpetD! It works GREAT! I know someone with severe allergies to her 2 cocker spaniels... and she uses AllerpetD once a week and she has no allergic reaction to her dog!

Also... you can take Claritin... we have a Walgreens (local pharmacy) version that is $12 for a 60 count bottle! My mother takes it regularly for her dog allergies (they have a corgie/spaniel mix). She has been taking it almost daily (basically on an as needed basis) and it still works for her 3 years later!

My mother also vacuums everyday (i know a pain, but she loves her dog) and bathes Zoe almost every week with a mild shampoo! All of these factors help tramendously!

Please exhaust these avenues before giving up your baby! I know how hard it can be to just wait it out and see what works... but it is worth it in the end!!

Please PM me if you have any questions!
2uekzg4.gif

Raven

If you must give him up....absolutely contact rescue.

Here is Central Carolina's club contact info
http://www.carolinacavaliers.com/rescue.htm

Or go to cavalierrescueusa as directed by Moniechris.

I can tell you that rescue will nurture and protect your Cavalier and won't give him up until they find the perfect home for him. I work with Cavalier Rescue in Southern California. Cavalier rescue knows what Cavaliers need and what their personalities are like. We often have applications of people who are pre-approved for adoption. We match the dog to the person and won't do it until we feel confident we've made the right match.

Absolutely, definitely do not turn him into a shelter. He will be well taken care of if given over to rescue.

I placed several last year due to a change in family dynamics and happy to say that everyone is doing well now. The families that gave them over are relieved to know that the dogs are happy. And the adoptive families are over the moon to finally be open to open their hearts and homes to a dog needing a new home.

Linda: I am certain this is a very hard decision for you and one you have not made lightly. If you have definitely decided it is in Bailey's and your best interest to find him a new home, the first thing you need to do is contact Bailey's breeder. Most reputable breeder have clauses in their contracts that if you can no longer provide a home for the dog you got from them you must return it to the breeder. The breeder will then find Bailey a new home. I know breeders who on the death of an owner have taken dogs back at ten years of age. If your breeder will not help, or if you for some reason do not think they will take good care of Bailey, then please take advantage of Cavalier Rescue through the CKCSC. Someone earlier in this thread sent you a link, but here it is again:
http://www.cavalierrescueusa.org/html/contacts.html.

Best of luck to you and to Bailey.

Hi Linda,
I am so sorry you have to give up your boy. I can relate to your allergy problem and know how awful it can be and so hard to treat. Please listen to the advice about giving Bailey to Cavalier Rescue-when you do this you are giving him the future that was part of your plan when you first brought him home. Doing your best for him will always be a sweet memory for you. cavtiny

Linda, please check your PM. I might know someone interested, and we aren't too far from you.

My parents live in NC. My mom had a CKCS that passed away last year from old age. I was telling her about your baby tonight. She talked to my dad about it and called me right back and asked me to see if they could adopt him.
My aunt has 2 CKCS and we also had one when we lived in NC years ago. You are right that not many people there appreciate them, but my mom loves them and Bailey would have a wonderful home there. They have a 1 year old Pekinese that they adopted from the vet in their town. I know they can provide outstanding references.
I PM'ed you, so please let me know if you are interested.

Back