• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Trip to Get Faith :) ~ Updated - with a NAME!

Sara, I've been so preoccupied lately that I haven't had as much time as I would like to come on here. :w*w: what a wonderful story :mexwav:
CONGRATULATIONS !! :flwr: :hug: :rah:

Kosmo and Trixie will be best buddies before you know it!!

:flwr: :hug:

Sara - you and Ari just have to decide which name you want and then use it all the time and your little one will catch on. I completely understand that you want to name her. Personally, I would want the name to be the one that has personal meaning to me and a connection to my other dogs. So for that reason, I am voting for Trixie.

In my history, I have given my female basset hound a boy's name. Talk about confusing people, but she was Humphrey for 14.5 years and everyone got over their initial dislike of the name, once they knew and loved her.

Humphrey is sucha gorgeous name for a Basset. I knew a hose called that and he had the biggest cuddliest head. He was 17hh and a hunter, he was just beautiful. Course he wasnt a girl but I like that for a Basset girl.

Regarding the puppy pads - I was just wondering how to get her to use them while we're not here?? She seems to want to sleep on them and in her carrier she wants to shred them. I just wonder whether they are scented or not makes much of a difference.

No Accidents yesterday!!! :D :D I was so excited! :) Little missy slept in mommy and daddy's bed all night last night. Wouldn't you know it the little stinker crawled up into the nook of daddy's neck and I think he loved every minute of it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

He wants to name her "brandy" because of her coloring.. So Trixie Brandy Faith, LOL. What do you guys think of that name? He also thinks it fits because Brandy and Cosmo are both alcoholic drinks.. :roll: The best part of this story is that neither of us drink at all.. :roll: She will be Trixie Brandy Faith forever. :lol:

She curled up on the couch this morning with her little brother for the first time ever and he didn't move!!! It made me so excited to finally see them both together. ;) Hopefully they will continue to keep on a snugglin' :)

Today we're lugging both the babies around to avi's daddy's house and possibly the brother in law's birthday party.

I have to give a big huge THANK YOU to Mic for teaching her what the outside was for (pottying) She takes less time to run out and pee than Kosmo does and he's a whole year older. And last night it was really freaking COLD... :yikes

Sara,

I haven't been online much in the past few months...just catching up. I just want you to know how moved I was with Faith's story. She couldn't have gone to live with a sweeter or more caring person! I am so so happy for you. Congratulations...Faith or Trixie or Brandy :) looks like such a little *ng*l and she has a cool big bro Kosmo. Hugs and kisses to them both :flwr:

sara--i was thinking the same thing, why shouldn't you have it all? You like Faith, you like Trixie--and now Brandy--all three beautiful and fitting names. and all three together seems like quite a noble aristocratic kind of name, don't those people always have several names?

what's in a name? :lol:

I know that Zack will respond to being called Zack, his ears perk up and his tail wags. But he also responds to Dog Man, sweetheart, baby boy, and several others. i do think he does respond in a more special way to Zack though.

that is so awesome that kosmo and ...brandy faith trixie :lol: --are warming up to each other, that is so sweet. You know i have Belle here, for a couple of weeks now, and seeing those two laying next to each other, and playing happily, it's so wonderful, it makes me really happy. i think it's lonely to be an only child and you did a great thing for kosmo when you got him a sister. :flwr:

Didn't we talk about this somewhere else? Other things we call our dogs, that is. If I have a hard time getting Wallis' attention I'll yell "Wallis Ann" as though that's her name - or I guess it is. (Speaking of a girl having a boy's name - I still have to correct them when I board her!) And Sasha, who is much more likely to get into trouble, becomes Sasha Marie. Poor Tibby. She's even TibbyToe to the bird!

My biggest issue with names is that IMO I don't think animals should be given "aggressive" names because they tend to act like the name. I've seen so many dogs named "Bear" that were all aggression and acting up.
Just a pet peeve of mine!

I think that if we give them a few days our animals will somehow "tell" us their names. Any of the ones you have are great. Just gotta pick one and stick with it!! (Easier said than done)

Sara, heartfelt congratulations!!!! :flwr:
I was away for most of the past week so only catching up now. It really is a wonderful story. I bet Kosmo is getting well settled now with her. I know it took Tandie a while but my pair are truly bonded now.

keep us posted on her antics!

Back