• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

reaction to immunizations

Harley & Carley

how often does this happen? Harley had her last shots today and about an hour later was itching and scratching at the site and yelping/shivering. I have given her about 12 mg of benedryl.
should I be worried?

Harley & Carley said:
how often does this happen? Harley had her last shots today and about an hour later was itching and scratching at the site and yelping/shivering. I have given her about 12 mg of benedryl.
should I be worried?

That sounds like a mild reaction. I had been told to give 1/4 of a baby aspirin to a pup if they had that reaction. Watch for further reaction. Someone I know has a dog that got bloody stool, screaming in pain from lepto.

she didnt get lepto, she is too little for that. just the last set of booster stuff- distemper, parvo, etc
does it mean she will have problems when she gets the booster next year?

Back