• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pic of my babies

Karen S.

Here is a picture of three of my beautiful babies. Cooper, Princess Puddles and Lucky.[/img]

Pics of my babies

02-05-2005024246PM.jpg

Here are three of my babies. Cooper (Black), Princess Puddles (Black and Tan), and Lucky (Ruby).

Black Cavalier

His sire is Black and Tan and his dam is a Ruby. He was the first born puppy of the sire. His three ruby siblings did not make it. As far as we know this is the only sold black that the breeder ever had. We just got lucky to bring this special guy home.
He does have curly coat syndrome and has a little bit of problems with his eyes.

Awwww ... they are all adorable.

That said, I'm a bit partial to Lucky. ;-)

Lucky

HE IS MY FAVORITE AND HE KNOWS IT AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE.
THE OTHER CAVS RUN TO HIM WHEN THEY WANT SOMETHING AND HE TELLS ME. THESE GUYS ARE SO SMART!!!

oh aren't they lovely! i've never seen an all black cavalier---how gorgeous! lucky looks a lot like my indy :D

welcome!

kim

Wow, amazing. They are all beautiful, but Cooper ..... I'd love to see him in person. I love his all black face. His coat looks very shiny too. How much do they weigh?

We have another black one on the board -- just adopted in the breed rescue section. There's a pic there somewhere. I am sure that's a pure cavalier too. Interesting yours came from a wholecolour crossing. There did used to be all black small spaniels though they would not have been cavaliers per se -- as they are a recreated breed and there were all sorts of colours and shapes of the old spaniel lines before breeds were more fixed.

Genetically, I wonder if they are simply a heavily marked B&T or an all black form or a mutation...? Black is the most common colour mutation in many animals -- cats for example, including the big cats like panthers. Also very common in dogs.

There is also a chocolate gene -- a colour that isn't recognised but does come up now and then. I think all black cavaliers are really nice! Shame it isn't a recognised colour.

Black Cavaliers

Thank you all for making us so welcome!!!!
In regards to Cooper being black I have no answers on how that came
about in the gene pool. I will post more photos of him at a later date. He is just hard to see in a picture.
Until 1970 AKC did recognize the black as a color and then changed the rules. After that I'm sure breeders tried to make sure their lines didn't carry the black gene. I am not a breeder so I don't know all the technical terms.
Lucky is the only unneutered guy we have and he came from a very good French bloodline.
Anyway Mignight Ace Cooper thinks he's a person and not a dog. What a personality he has!!!

Weights

Oh, yes, in respone to how much they weigh Lucky is 16lbs, Cooper is 18 lbs, and Princess is 19lbs. They want to eat all the time so they are on a healthy weight food.

Back