Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: am i the crazy one?

Post Thanks / Like

Default am i the crazy one?

this is a little embarrassing, but the other day i opened up a checking account for all things brady...toys, treats, vet visits, food and so on...i'm going to put a certain amount in there every paycheck so that i can budget my spending on him because i am spending way too much money on stuff for him and i have to start to control it! if any one else is crazy like me, please let me know!
    Lauren
    Brady's Mommy (D.O.B 4/25/2006)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL Sounds like a kind of good idea to keep the spending under control ... I'm afraid to know what I spend on my baby!!
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

same here! i often go to petshops AND do online shopping ! i'm spending too much, i'm afraid to know too i guess checking acc. is a good idea..
    Lin. proud owner of baby Cherrise, Blenheim princess, 11.5 months and baby Hope, Pomeranian princess, 10.5 months.. !

Post Thanks / Like

I am afraid to know what I spend. I can totally pass up something for myself but if I see a toy he might like I can always justify it!
    Kath

Post Thanks / Like

no that's a really good idea i am going to set one up today. I think i might set up a shoes one as well, oh i forgot i already have one it's called jason's bank account! I joke i don't spend all his money i leave him a few quid each month!
    Natalie, mummy to lady (blen) 8 months old

Post Thanks / Like

thats an excellent idea...im a cautious buyer when it comes 2 myself but i buy on impulse when its 4 the dogs...i see something i like i buy it....i think what youre doing is a great idea! and dont worry...ur not crazy ..or maybe we all are!
    xXNishaXx
    Milo & Monty~ (Males, Blenheims, born 25/11/05 )
    Ally (Daschund - not with me)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Nisha,
    I read that as you spend too much on you 4 dogs and was going to ask you what they were. Then I re read it oops.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by selina
    Hey Nisha,
    I read that as you spend too much on you 4 dogs and was going to ask you what they were. Then I re read it oops.
    ...not quite.
    i do that often too...misread things and then im bewildered 4 a second before i understand!

btw i love your avatar! shows all your gorgeous dogs with Jeremy in the spotlight..its lovely..
    xXNishaXx
    Milo & Monty~ (Males, Blenheims, born 25/11/05 )
    Ally (Daschund - not with me)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Lauren, great idea. I do this for certain major monthly expenses. That way they are out of my regular account and there when I need it.
    I use Quicken to track my expenses and trust me, I have only had Maddy since Dec 5th and I know EXACTLY what she has cost. It's scary.
    Pam
    p.s. I think I will program Quicken to read "dog bakery" as groceries instead of dog expenses. Ha Ha.
    Pam
    Mummy to Miss Madeleine born 9/1/2006