• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So afraid

JADE AND LADY

I've recently been lookin at the pages of cav s with SM that i'm so afraid lady will get it :( i'm watching her every move i even started timing how long she scatches her ears for or when i put her collar on her the way it irritates her and she try's biting it of .
I've watched the video clips karlin has of the poor little things that have it and was traumatised by it :(
I'm a hypacondriact and i'm feelin so bad about this i'm contamplating getting another cav as i wanted ,am i over reacting or should i worry as 50% of cav do get it

Deeply upset mammy!

If I were you, I'd be aware but not panic.

Lady also has a 50% chance of not getting it and she's a lovely, young pup.

It's time to enjoy her as much as possible and be happy.

Take lots of photos, so that you'll have wonderful memories of her puppyhood!

I agree with you, the videos were difficult to watch but I think it's just wonderful that Karlin and the other lady were willing to film it so that we can "see" what to be watching for.....the symptoms can be confusing.

Just my perspective on it. :) :flwr:

It is difficult when so many of the symptoms are non-specific to not become obsessed at times. :| However, the best thing you can do for Lady is to be informed, be watchful and provide her with good overall veterinary care. It does not benefit you or Lady to let health concerns overwhelm you. Let Lady enjoy life and bring you joy. :flwr:

I agree with what has been said. I totally obsessed over Lily and I really believed that she had/has it. In my distress, I didn't enjoy the joys of her as a young puppy as much as I could have (she's now 5 mos). If she has it, we will deal with it, but I can't stress enough not to get bogged down with worry like I did. Take it from someone who did this, enjoy your puppy, and if she has it, you will take care of her, and do what's best for her. Enjoy your little sweetie, they are babies for such a short time. :flwr:

SM is something we are all afraid of but agree with the others enjoy your cavaliers or you will worry so much you will miss all the fun times :)

Back