• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Why am I home today?

Lindsay

Well, never did I think I would ever have SNOW pictures to post....but guess what! The storm was actually strong enough to blow past our mountains last night! Izzy and Spencer LOVE it. They have been running around like crazy. Tilly isn't too sure about it. Here are some pics!

Around 4am (I got up then because I was afraid it would be gone by the time I got up)
Snow001.jpg

Snow002.jpg

Try to spot Spencer darting across the stone path...:)
Snow003.jpg

Mom, why don't you have cool snow shoes for us?
Snow004.jpg

Mom doesn't even have snow shoes!
Snow005.jpg

Fun in the backyard...
Snow008.jpg

Tilly making a QUICK potty trip...
Snow009.jpg

Spencer trying to figure things out...
Snow010.jpg

Izzy doing her normal run :)
Snow013.jpg

Shots of my little house... :flwr:
Snow020.jpg

Snow021.jpg

Snow022.jpg

Thanks to Josh for going out and getting the pics of the house. Who knows, this might be the last we ever see snow here!

Have a great day! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I loooove your little house!! I used to live in a bungalow that looks just like it!!!

I adore the little paw prints running through the snow, it looks like they are in Narnia :lol:

Great pictures of the snow!! And I love your cozy little home!

Wish we would get some of the white stuff around here. Flurries yesterday, but that's as close as we've gotten...

Have a fun snow day!

They call off EVERYTHING when it snows here. No one has snow tires in Southeast TN. It's just too dangerous when it is standing on the roads, and it definitely was this morning. I came on in after lunch time though. So much for a full day off, but the snow was nice this morning! :)

Not too crazy when we get snow once every 10 years and no one knows how to drive in it. I would rather be in my living room that out on the freeway ;)

Lindsay.....I'm jealous, it missed us......sigh. I was hoping, but it was not to be. I was laughing at some of the posts as to how we handle snow down here. It is hard for non-Southerners to realise what a mess it is for us, and how everything shuts down. Like you said, we aren't prepared for it, cause it just doesn't happen very often. Thanks for the pics, it will probably be the only snow I see this year. BTW, I LOVE the one of the dogs little paw prints in the snow. Love your house too.

Thanks Shay! I heard from one of my sales reps that everything north of Birmingham was delayed until 10, but that it didn't do much south of us. I have relatives in the mountains of North Georgia and they had 3 inches! :shock: :shock: :shock:

It never seems to make it here. It usually only makes it as far south as Gadsden when there is a winter storm. We just get the tornadoes :yikes.

Great pictures, worth it even if it meant waking at 4:30. Your house and grounds look beautiful blanketed in snow.

Normally by this time of year, we have significant snow on the ground, and will have had several big snows and several small ones. The least amount of snow has fallen during the months of December and January than has ever been recorded, less than 2 inches in total. Tonight we are expecting anywhere from 1 to 3 inches. It will be our first real snow. I just came in. I can feel the snow in the air, the combination of cold and moisture.

How exciting you had snow in Tennessee! So glad you got up early to see it. I love your house too - I really like houses that were built in that time period - lots of character and built to last. This morning my co-worker showed me a picture taken somewhere in Alabama where it was completely covered in snow. :)

Lindsay, I love, love your house!!!! The color is fabulous and I can't say enough about the porch!!! I live in Maryland and we were supposed to get the same storm last night and into this morning, but in stayed south of us and we only got sleet and freezing rain (I'd rather have snow). Your puppies look like they are having a good time trying to figure what that stuff is.

Back