• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Howling 'n' wingeing 'n' crying a-goin' on

Lucy's mum

Yes, my fur babies are in kennels tonight and I am really missing them! Shedding tears!

Their first time - just 7 months and nearly 12 months. I know they'll be cuddling up together but I feel it so badly looking at their basket and wanting to cuddle them.

I know that the motto for cavvies is "Love the one you're with" and my kennel owner is a lovely lady but I do miss them.

We're going down to South of England to start looking for a house to move to the same town as my youngest daughter, our first grandchild due in June, so it's a happy time and a good reason to be away. And we'll be nearer our older daughter in London - she's been on the phone "cuddling" me as she especially understands how I feel missing the pups.

I think I've given our doggies the love and confidence to do OK away from us but it is SO HARD. Roll on Wednesday when we get them back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least they have each other for company. Good luck in your house hunting. Wednesday will be here before you know it. Congratulations on the upcoming grandchild, how wonderful for you.

Sometimes I think it is harder on us people than it is for the doggies! It's nice that they have each other, just remember that when you feel down, I bet they are both just snuggling and playing with each other.

Good luck house hunting!

Oh, I know that feeling too! But they're always fine when I return, and Geordie, who is a shy boy, loves the kennel owner. :luv:

I am shedding tears for you also. But at least its for a good course. Good luck house hunting. :flwr:

I'm sure they will be just fine! We also want to get away for one night for our 20th wedding anniversary (Valentine's Day!! :l*v: ) the week after next. I booked an inn that takes dogs just in case we decide not to board her with our dog walkers. Such decisions!
The dog walkers are trying to talk us out of taking her, as they say we need at least one night on our own. We'll see, I know we'd miss her, but might be good to have our freedom for a little while.
Good luck house hunting too. To have the opportuntity to move nearer to your family is such a blessing. Your Cavs will love all the company too! :flwr:

Whereabouts are you looking to move to. I live outside London in Herts and when we go away we leave the dogs with a lovely lady who looks after them in her home and they cant wait to get through her door when we arrive, they love her.

Yvonne117 said:
Whereabouts are you looking to move to. I live outside London in Herts and when we go away we leave the dogs with a lovely lady who looks after them in her home and they cant wait to get through her door when we arrive, they love her.

We are moving to Bishop's Stortford, the town our Jane lives in, which is just about in Herts. That sounds good, having someone look after them in her home. Cavvies do like their comfort. Whereabouts are you?

We are in Cheshunt about 20 miles away. I must say I nearly cancelled my holiday last year as i looked at several kennels and came out crying. The barking was so loud in each one I know my Harvey would have had a heart attack. Alfie would have just barked back. I was given this ladys number and went to visit her. She is almost fully booked all year so I was lucky. She even takes both dogs to bed with her.

Back