Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard of hearing???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When I'm calling the dogs in, both Geordie and Chocolate respond to a whistle and come running. But India can't seem to hear it. Colin recently discovered that she hears when you clap your hands really loud - then she comes running like a streak! Maybe it's time for a hearing test.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses

we've mentioned to his vet before that we think he might be slightly deaf, but unfortunately she didnt know what to say, because he responded to her tests. I do believe, like you guys are saying, that it is just selective hearing

I have to do the same thing, Cathy, but I usually end up banging on the chair/table or whatever I'm sitting at to get his attention. Sometimes he will just start barking for no reason, and its the loudest, toughest bark i've ever heard! Calling at him doesnt work so i end up clapping or hitting the couch and that gets his attention!

Well I guess its a mystery that might never be solved...

Post Thanks / Like

Testosterone??? Sounds like lots of human men I know!! I made my husband get his hearing checked once. The dr even told him that he bet his wife had sent him. Seems that men have trouble hearing "certain frequencies" that usually include the higher pitch of most women's voices.

Doga and men. Whattaya do?
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)