• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Maine

Lynn

Hello Group!

I am Lynn from Maine. ( northeast USA ) We got Molly our (Blen) cavalier at the end of October. (2006) 6 weeks later and after falling madly in love with her we decided that she needed a friend / sibling, so we found another cavalier, a tri colored male that was just 6 days older than Molly... we named him Maxwell. (both puppies were born in August 2006) To say that they are the loves of our lives would not be overkill.

My husband & I have 2 children ages 18 & 19...our daughter is in college and our son plans to go in the fall. Our kids adore Molly & Max. They wish we had gotten them years ago so they could have spent more time with them.

Molly is fiesty & smart. She loves to give kisses and never seems happy until she has kissed you directly on the lips. She is a high energy puppy who loves her Maxwell. She loves to go for walks and play with Max. Molly is very intuned with her surroundings and will notice and look for planes whenever she hears them, or other animals like squirrels or birds. She isn't interested in barking or talking to the neighborhood dogs. She is most happy when Max is chasing her in the yard and when daddy comes home at night.

Maxwell has the personality of an old man....but disguised as an adorable puppy. He's very content sitting on the couch and barking at the cars driving by. He especially loves to 'talk' to the other neighbor dogs whenever he hears them bark. He doesn't kiss a lot, usually just one and his entire back half of his body wags when he is happy. He loves to cuddle and he LOVES his tummy rubbed. The breeder told us that she bottle fed her puppies and when she did, she would rub their bellies....so Max feels love when we rub his belly. Max loves his sister and loves to play with her. He also wants whatever Molly has, especially a chew toy or edible bone. Molly has too much fun teasing Max with whatever she has that he wants...she runs around the house loving every second that Max is chasing her. I once saw Molly bring Max an edible bone when she had both of them, drop it next to him, nudge it up to him and then went back to the other bone and sat and chewed on it. That just warmed my heart & put a tear in my eye to see her share like that!

Next week both Molly & Max go to the vet to have their spay / neuter surgeries. I am a bit of a wreck with worry about it...not having any idea how I will keep them from jumping....or keeping them quiet afterwards. Luckily I am a full time doggie mom / housewife right now so I can look after them and they won't be alone after the surgeries.

I have not taken the time YET to do what I need to do to post photos, but I will in the next week. I will give the link to my blog if anyone is interested in seeing photos of our precious fur babies.

http://picselated.blogspot.com/

I can't tell you all how grateful I feel to have found this discussion group...I have been reading posts for a couple weeks and have learned so much. Thanks!! I love looking at the photo section.... this is my new favorite site on the net.

Have a great day!!

Lynn

Being a sucker for puppy pictures, I took a peek at your Blog. They are both gorgeous puppies and you sound like you are having a wonderful time with them. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Lynn and welcome. I'm kind of new also, and I have not yet managed to post a picture of my 10 month old tri girl named Scout. I think it's great that you got a playmate for Molly. I would love a cavalier playmate for Scout, but for now she'll have to settle for her big sister Breeze, a Newfoundland. Scout keeps me moving, I can't imagine how much fun two puppies would be....I loved your pictures, the pups are indeed beautiful. Your two sound like typical cav puppies, loving and full of energy.

icon_welcome Lynn and fur kids. My Lily was born in August too. Aren't they just the sweetest doggies in the world. Lily has a very sweet personality and is a pretty calm puppy. She is my little Velcro dog, never letting me out of her sight. She loves to give kisses and like your Molly, doesn't stop until she has kissed every inch of your face.

You will love it here, lots of great information and people. Again, welcome.

Edited to add: Looked at your blog and your babies are beautiful!

HI!
4g6bc69.gif

I see on your website that you made some coats for your little ones... where did you find the pattern... I just finally got around to buying my own sewing machine (after getting tired of hand sewing all the pillow covers I seem to make).

Thanks and Welcome!

Raven and Trevor... proudly owned by a Tri named Cicero!

Welcome Lynn. I loved reading about Max and Molly. Didn't take you long to realize you needed more than one, did it?! ;) I looked at the pictures and they are both adorable. I really enjoyed reading about how different their personalities are.

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome!! To answer a few of the replies... no, it didn't take us long to get Molly a playmate / sibling. Molly was a 'velcro' dog too...until Max came along, and now she is stuck to him mostly. They have brought so much joy to this house...we enjoy every second. As for the sewing of coats....I bought a pattern by Simplicity (pattern #3975) and that is where I got the pattern for the coats shown on my blog. I actually made my own pattern which I like a whole lot better. It is sort of shaped like a child's bib and then I added straps for the tummy. I've made them a bunch of fleece coats, and one set that matches, which is cute. If anyone is interested, next week I can take a picture of a coat and post it....it's super easy to make.

I look forward to chatting with you all....thanks again for the welcome!

Lynn

Hello Lynn, Molly and Max. Welcome from a fellow New Englander. Your cavaliers are beautiful. I enjoyed reading about their personalities and your family. Thank you for sharing.

Welcome! I would love to get a sister for Maddy, but I really have to wait until I retire. Hubby is retired and looks after Maddy, but I think it would need the two of us to look after two cavs.
Pam

Hi Lynn!

Welcome! Your two remind me of my two...Teddy will be 4 in May and I had to have another.....I brought Teddy's niece home in August. Katydid will be 8 months old on the 8th....she is a real firecracker and Teddy is my old soul! Love the contrast and LOVE watching them play keep-away with toys.

I LOVE the bed their Auntie got for them....do you know what the name of it is???? It looks so cozy!

Keep warm!
We had a high of 11 degrees today!

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

Hi Nancy!

Thanks for the nice welcome! I think my sister in law said the pet bed was called a 'trundle' (but I have no idea why). It's simply a piece of fur fabric sewn like a duffle bag (that does not have any handles or zippers). You can form it in different ways for them to snuggle in. The tag said it is called 'Tiger Dreamz' and it also says 'Favorite Pet Products' If you sew, it would be a snap to make one. The pups love to cuddle in it. Often we keep it on the floor near the wood stove...their favorite place to hang out and chew their bones.

It's been super cold up here...all we do now with the pups is take them for a quick potty break and then back inside. (even with their coats on, it's still too cold)

Keep warm!

Lynn

lovely!

Lynn,
Molly and Maxwell are so lovely....and smart to be snuggled up together! I have to laugh since we've had a cold snap here in N. Carolina and we are all complaining about it. It's so ridiculous, because I can't imagine what it's like in Maine! I'm assuming the spay/neuter haven't happened yet, but I am sure they will go smoothly. I am DOUBLY sure that they will be made a fuss over at the Vet's!
Stay warm and take care!

Hello! Sorry that I am just now seeing this thread. I am from Maine also. I live in Hampden. Whereabouts are you?

Back